How much you know about polite debt or government system?

Who has the rule to authorizing the money, war, and the laws?

• Court - highest level

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • President

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Congressional

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

ideafspy

Reaction score
I am just curious on base your on familiar terms with “America System”. I just make up that word and the point is percent of American doesn’t know much about vote, who to blame, and all the twisted. For example; people are blaming on Bush for screw up the tax money. Is that cause from him or what? I have heard from my friends include the people even the news were talking about it. So I am curious on the poll vote to see how many people you know the answer.

Who has the rule to authorizing the money, war, and the laws?

:type:

Uhh i misvoted- >__< I voted for president but d'oh, it is the Congress. Although the president DOES make the suggestion and so on to the Congress for the final vote....

right? :ugh: My economics teacher in highschool was not that great of a teacher so I passed his class with flying colors basically because I was just too smart [laughing] The teacher was too lenient with the students so I am not sure if I ever learn anything in his class....

What prompts you to make the poll? I am just curious. :) Just to settle an issue among your friends?

Gnarlydorkette--

So you mistake to vote? heh

What cause me prompt about that poll? Well you see I went to church yesterday, its Sunday, and shared the news that Saddam was caught!

The deaf people were talking about the polite and surprises all those answer are different. They were graduated from deaf school campus. I learned from my friend include myself from college. My college professor told the classes, my class, that American have not know about Government System rough around 75 percents. They, the government system, are research and why the people not aware about the government system: freedom, vote, and civil. The 75 percents mean deaf, hearing, disability, and all colors. Good enough, I see myself that people were talking about it. One person, deaf man, thinks right and knows much about that learned from his son. His son is freaking about polite but his son has wrong answer. It’s just interesting how that “twist” works.

Yeah, i know all those statistics about how many Americans that do know the american history.. I do know the american history pretty well, but for me to acknowledge the whole politics/goverment cobweb, it is getting little fuzzy for me to understand clearly... too much.. loopholes and so on. President does this, Congress oversee his progress.. President oversee the congress.... House oversees ...congress? ACH! [running away from the trapping cobweb!]

But I understand what you mean about people being misinformed about the country's legal system... my foregin friend (hmph, we are not really that friends anymore ever since that incident) kept rubbing the fact that we Americans are so stupid that we don't know our history and so on... I snapped at her and told her, "So then why the hell do you want to go to American college and live in an American city, HUH!? Don't bad-mouth a country that you desire so much to live in... because that kind of smack, especially from a foreginer is asking for pain because you are not on your turf anymore.... I never bad-mouth your country and don't even go there so shut the **** up."....

My opinion is that the only reason we failed our own country's history and our knowledge for the legal system because we don't have that great of education... the goverment is corrupted itself and we cannot get the ONE concept of how the government is running because it change over the centuries...

BUt I KNOW ONE HISTORY FACT- THe President used to be able to APPROVE war... but then after Truman or Roosevelt, the power to wage war had overturned to the Congress (and House, illustrator said?) because people realized that the President had too much of powers to abuse especially when it comes to wage a WAR (a big issue) so...

Can you imagine the America today if that power hadn't overturned to Congress? We would be overwhelmed with a lot of war damage and costs... we probably would be in our WWIV if that change hasn't made... whew. Especially with Bush today, ach, we will have three wars going on if Bush has it his way- waging wars on the Middle-East...

(ahh i am shutting up... realized that I have said too much. :-/ )

Well, I used to blame Bush for all cause the job to become jobless. The entire dang thing has screw up after Sept 11. I think that Bush caused everything and even not fixing to solution and find a way to improve for our country. I learned from my college and told us that Congress is one who can approve.

Congress is over power on everything (such as law, money – our taxes, and war).
President is only support for us but suggest to Congress to get approved.
The court thing has nothing to do with unless other country has problem with us.

I asked myself, what Congress is doing right now? Are they aware what they have done or damaged in our country? Are their brain is low function at this time? It’s just bothersome and felt that they did not good job.

My friend recent took college and almost finishes with that class. His teacher is senator retirement but still work for Washington, D.C. to listen for special meeting. His Teacher Senator told the Congress that made no sense such as they are trying to increase some taxes, and law. Such as they are considers increasing some kind of law that his teacher disagree. However he said that won’t happen because its need to be vote more than 2/3 voter.

Congress must pass the bill in order for the president to sign into law or bill admendments! So t here fore house is first then congress then bush the whacko! but i think we have just no say in that as per thinking of the MONEY we're SOO into the RED right now we will NEVER get out of the red due to 9/11 and the reccession!

I flunked that class hee hee

I say Congress has the power to authorize public debt, to make war, and to pass laws. But Bush has the right to declare war, to make debt, and to veto laws. So I think the President has the final say to it. :dunno:

gnarlydorkette said:
BUt I KNOW ONE HISTORY FACT- THe President used to be able to APPROVE war... but then after Truman or Roosevelt, the power to wage war had overturned to the Congress (and House, illustrator said?) because people realized that the President had too much of powers to abuse especially when it comes to wage a WAR (a big issue) so...

(ahh i am shutting up... realized that I have said too much. :-/ )

President have no powers. He simple asked for approve from Congress, House, and Senator before US take over Iraq. While to have war, Bush have freedom to command on army & navy as Chief-in-command.

When people ask something to Congress. They give the form to Bush to appove or not.

Bush ask to do something, he required to have approve from Congress.

Last edited:
tekkmortal said:

I say Congress has the power to authorize public debt, to make war, and to pass laws. But Bush has the right to declare war, to make debt, and to veto laws. So I think the President has the final say to it. :dunno:
also if the president decide to deny these ... then congress have a right to do re-vote to be overpower the authority of approve by presidents ... I forgot what it called ... ummmm

knightwolf68 said:
also if the president decide to deny these ... then congress have a right to do re-vote to be overpower the authority of approve by presidents ... I forgot what it called ... ummmm

impeach? that what u talk about?

dang.. i know nothing abt political stuffs.. not even my governor until i just heard that Arnold won the governor.. i want to screamm.. the actor? seems like all of his movies he did act does come true? huh.. whooa.. *shrug*.. geez.. seems like Aronold get his wishes come true.. dang.. i do know little.. but not all.. cuz i know im walking like you are.. just walk walk walk until bomb.. then my mind is like.. light off.. sleep for good.. that it.. so i dont want to know abt politicals stuffs cuz i cant understand them.. dang.. poor me.. lol.. i only hear from news little or my friends'. that all.. :)

tekkmortal said:

you're not the only one... I cheated in some way to pass that class hee hee :naughty: but I do know that Congress has authority to pass law, etc..

laughing, all congress cares is their job, collecting our tax, use it for their own personal purpose. So far, congress aren't meeting up people's demands. For example, Min wage law. I'm sure all people would want to raise the min wage limit to match the HIGH COST OF LIVING. But it never going to happen! How many worker in USA? How many big BOSS, who pay worker in USA? I am sure there's huge number of worker than the number of boss. Of course Boss are the RICHES. Worker are poorest. Money have influ the congress big time. The Riches control the congress. Let say.. by VOTING. If congress let all of AMERICA to vote about changing the min wage law to better pay. I am SURE. ALL AMERICAN WILL VOTE YES! WORKER OVER BOSS. WORKER WIN! But that never happened. What's heck wrong with the system. I thought people are America's government.

It is NOT President Bush's fault for the poor economy. Congress and the Senate make the final decisions. It's sad considering a lot of them get paid thousands of dollars just saying "Nay" or "Aye" and ordering the elevator guy to push the buttons.

I don't think Bush is at fault, it takes a long time for the economy to fall like that... in fact I think Bush is trying his best to clean it up, but then other events happened ie 9/11, the war, etc. Yes, he expanded the budget for warfare, and the building of troops. Honestly I think it was the Clinton house who raised the taxes, or scared away businesses (thus losing the jobs). But then again, corporates are the ones deciding to move their jobs overseas (cuz of lower wages.... Americans just want more and more money!)

That's my opinion.

Back