How much better are hearing aids today than in 2004-2005?

wah.. no such thing on the Oticon Chilis :(

Hm.. those hearing aids would probably work for me- my loss is between 95db to 110db (full range- I'd have to list out the db level for each Hz...) but apparently the oticon one seems to be the best for me...:dizzy:

wah.. no such thing on the Oticon Chilis :(

Hm.. those hearing aids would probably work for me- my loss is between 95db to 110db (full range- I'd have to list out the db level for each Hz...) but apparently the oticon one seems to be the best for me...:dizzy:

I've been told the Oticon Chillis are not as powerful and don't have enough power for me. They don't fit all the way down to 130db. I've alway wanted to try the Oticon hearing aids tho as apparently they are way more natural sounding altho I don't know what natural sounding is :P I also think that the Oticon Chilli mics are a lot better in now they are positioned then the Phonak mics.

They do sound better; the phonaks I had (trying to remember what model...) did not sound very good to me at all. Ahh yeah- without looking I think the lowest my loss is is down to 105 or 110db so the Chili does fit my needs but the Phonaks OK! or Naidas could as well.

The widex ones I also had trouble with sound wise. Some day if I ever find those two sets I'll have to play with them and compare sounds lol. Really hope I kept my 380Ps though... no idea where they are..I've moved so many times that I don't know where some of my stuff is anymore (parents', aunt's or sister's lol-- and 7 states later (NC twice now and not including DC).

I have 115db plus hearing loss and I agree the Phonak Ok! Plus UP is actually a very good hearing aid even tho it's very cheap.

There is so software so I would say the people don't know this type of HA and just assume it has software to it.

Here's how you fit the Phonak Ok! Plus UPs
http://www.phonak.com/content/dam/phonak/gc_us/Documents/Product/OK_Plus_Fitting_Guide.pdf

Nice to find someone with the same hearing aid and THANKS for the video and info you've given on the Phonak Ok! Plus UP.

Well I took my hearing aid into Bates College where they train people in the hearing technology. (Its free) They said the feedback was from dirty filters, two of them and the tube was getting hard. Boy what a big difference that made! Sounds like new again... so it will last me a couple more years before I need a new one. Also, they said it takes software to adjust the delay, so as soon as they get it, they will fix mine. Indeed, they said it was the older folks who took their time putting the hearing aids on, hence the delay. It is two groups of older folks. Ones like me who had HA all my life, no problem, goes right on... it is the baby boomers who are losing their hearing who take too long putting the HA on as it is a new experience for them. So the person a couple of us were chewing on for picking on older folks was half right after all... Also they said technology advances so quickly like the smartphones that HA improve a lot every year now. So I may start looking into a new one.

This is where I took mine today:
Bates Technical College: Hearing Clinic

This is the actual training class:
Hearing Instrument Technology

They will do all tests and recommend the proper hearing aid for you and even order it for you at cost, quite a bit lower than what your hearing provider will charge you. So check you local community college for that type of service.

thanks for the tip about the feedback and dirty filters! my new audi changed them and the tube last week!!! (will keep that in mind if that crap starts again)
*I will go back to her on June 24th and she's right up the street from my school!*

Back