How many times...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark-Half

Reaction score
Have religious folks proclaimed the world was going to end.

I know they said it once in 00 and 01 also once in 03 and 04 as well as 06, oh God people had abortions on 6/6/06 solely out of fear. I think they said the worlds gonna end in 08 again or something? Anyone wanna help me set a factual timeline on how many times people proclaimed impending doom and eternal damnation?

..people had abortions on 6/6/06 solely out of fear.

Hmm...*searching*....umm...got facts to back that one up? :D

(however, common sense dictates that it's very possible-- ;) )

~RR

I heard alot of people believe that 2012 was the end of the world. Or maybe it means that we will change? The way how we live today will be ended and changed to something else? Who knows...

I know they said it once in 00 and 01 also once in 03 and 04 as well as 06, oh God people had abortions on 6/6/06 solely out of fear. I think they said the worlds gonna end in 08 again or something? Anyone wanna help me set a factual timeline on how many times people proclaimed impending doom and eternal damnation?

Enjoy: James Randi Educational Foundation — An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural

Nobody knows when the end of the world is coming according to the bible, it did not even say when, there appear to be two separate judgments coming from all humankind, dead or alive. Everyone--believers, unbelievers, the living, and the dead will be judge by God. Judgment will appear when Jesus comes back to earth for the second time, that's when the world will end. The day we all stand before Almighty God to give an accounting for our life and our decisions.

As Jesus said, NOONE will know the hour or time of day of His coming. There are two separate judgements, Judgement Seat of Christ for christians for the reward(s) and Great White Throne Judgement for the non christians.

No one knows the date.

Hrm...looks like I need to repeat this again:

The #1 Rule for Effective Prophecy Writing: Never set a date.

That way, you can never be wrong.

Its happen to my grandmother who thought end the world.. But nothing happens to her.. Then next to my mom was thought end of world too but never happen to her.. So I am still here. :confused: :dunno: :lol: :):)

Peace :):)

The world will end on June 6th, 6666 at 6 hours, 6 minutes, and 6 seconds. ;)

No one knows the date. No one is a " perfect " fortuneteller. Not even Nostradamus or Cayce. ;)

Hmm...*searching*....umm...got facts to back that one up? :D

(however, common sense dictates that it's very possible-- ;) )

~RR

It's more-so rumors than hard facts but with how deeply people believe in their religions I wouldn't strike it off completely. I'm more trying to estabalish how many times bible thumpers have proclaimed doom. It is a fact however that a number of pregant woman who were due around the time had extreme fear, especially if they were religious.

and to RE: to the rest of you... I know the bible says nobody will know the end... that's not the point... I'm trying to discuss the times people created hoaxes or just AD-libbed to scare people into believing in their religion because the 'end is near'

It's more-so rumors than hard facts but with how deeply people believe in their religions I wouldn't strike it off completely. I'm more trying to estabalish how many times bible thumpers have proclaimed doom. It is a fact however that a number of pregant woman who were due around the time had extreme fear, especially if they were religious.

and to RE: to the rest of you... I know the bible says nobody will know the end... that's not the point... I'm trying to discuss the times people created hoaxes or just AD-libbed to scare people into believing in their religion because the 'end is near'

Well, I know what you are tryin' to discuss the times people created hoaxes ... but, really NO BODY knows the date. People don't know what they are sayin' and even, thou they may think that's the date it will happen. In fact, they don't know. No body knows for certain, except doin' their business in daily lives, their daily routine. I wouldn't tell anybody when is goin' to happen, because for one : I don't know the real answer.

They tend to forget what Jesus said. Jesus said that He don't know when, so therefore, WE, the people don't know either, except His Father only knows. :)

Earth was here more than 120 million years ago, so I assure you that it will live other million years later. Too bad we won't live that long.

Who are these people that make up these end-of-the-world dates??

I know they said it once in 00 and 01 also once in 03 and 04 as well as 06, oh God people had abortions on 6/6/06 solely out of fear.
Fear of what? Do you have documentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back