How many people here are NOT deaf?

Yes , I am hearing, my daughter is deaf

zesty said:
oops i forgot about her!! :Oops:

You forgot me, Zesty? :Oops: on you!

10 lashes with the :whip: for your indiscretion!

:rofl:

But, yes....Back to topic. I was born hearing.

Levonian said:
I’ve never been able to decide if I’m half hearing or half deaf. :mrgreen: :dunno:

and half human or half chimp? :thumb:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
megladon is hearing.. coffeeman is hearing... where are u guys! come back dude!

After I left AD last year Megladon felt no need to post, even after I came back. He didn't post that much to begin with, and I rememeber someone flaming him but I cant remember who.

But yeah, he's still a "member" so to speak, which adds him to the list of hearies :P

zesty said:
reba is also hearing who is an interpreter too.. i am trying to think who else is hearing too.. hmmmm...
Righto!

"Interpretrator" is also a hearing terp.

"Margie" is also hearing.

Cheri said:
and half human or half chimp? :thumb:
Half HUMAN?!? :wtf: :shock: Girl, I’ve got no problem with my station in life. I’m not Pinnochio or Comdr. Data or that little kid in Artificial Intelligence—I’m not deluding myself for one second. I am 100% all beef chimpanzee, and PROUD of it.

Hey Levonian, does this describe your sex life?

By human standards chimp sexual life is a perpetual open air orgy compulsive, never- ending, and always with the male grasping the female from behind. The average copulation rate is one or two an hour. Every hour. For each mature chimp. In estrus, of course, it's more. When the females are ovulating and able to be impregnated, their vulvas and allied nether parts swell extravagantly and turn bright pink. In estrus, they're walking sexual advertisements, and are then far more alluring. Because estrous periods are to some degree synchronized, there are times when a chimpanzee group is a sea of bobbing, compliant, soliciting swollen red rumps. Olfactory cues also signal their sexual availability. In marginal cases a passing male, unable to determine just by looking if she's ovulating, may simply insert his finger into her vulva and take a sniff.

Chimpanzee sex isn't a long and drawn-out business. Maybe eight or nine thrusts, each taking less than a second, and they're done. The males have, by human standards, impressive recovery rates, including documented sequences of many ejaculations at five-minute intervals. Females in estrus are especially attractive in the early morning, probably because of the long and stressful celibacy imposed on the males by the necessity of having to sleep at night. As a kind of community property for the males, she may be taken every ten minutes by one male after another through mid-morning, by which time they may tire a little....

Ask a heary anything

So, any deaf people got any questions for a hearer?
biggthumpup.gif

bbnt said:
Hey Levonian, does this describe your sex life?

perpetual open air orgy...a sea of bobbing, compliant, soliciting swollen red rumps...insert his finger into her vulva and take a sniff...maybe eight or nine thrusts, each taking less than a second... she may be taken every ten minutes by one male after another through mid-morning...

Well, we stop for Leno and Conan and pick up afterwards, but that sums it up pretty nicely.

TheAssassin said:
So, any deaf people got any questions for a hearer?
biggthumpup.gif

Ok, I have a couple of questions:

1. Can you hear anything under water?

2. Can you actually hear a car or a truck coming from a mile away? (a deaf friend who used to be hearing told me she used to can do this! I was amazed!)

3. What was it like to zero in a conversation and block everything out (I've read that people with hearing loss cannot do this - I certainly can't either).

Nancy said:

2. Can you actually hear a car or a truck coming from a mile away? (a deaf friend who used to be hearing told me she used to can do this! I was amazed!)

3. What was it like to zero in a conversation and block everything out (I've read that people with hearing loss cannot do this - I certainly can't either).
1. Yes, but it is distorted.

2. Not usually. Maybe a large semi-truck out on the open highway with no other noises, or a race car with no muffler on a track. More likely half a mile, under good conditions, for a real noisey car.

3. I can't say that I totally block out all other sounds, but if I concentrate I can put the other sounds into the background and "zero in" on the main conversation. Terps have to learn to do this. I can be aware of other conversations and environmental sounds but I still have to stay focused on the content of the source speaker.

Hearies have different hearing abilities. Not all hearing ability is located in the ears. Much depends on the power to mentally concentrate, and to filter out distractions.

Nancy said:
As one of seven children, this is a much needed skill if you plan to ever hold a conversation. It has it's down sides though.

Nancy said:

Yes, but you can only really hear sounds, can't really understand words. Actually it's funny you'd ask this, because I can remember when I was younger, us kids playing in the pool would all go under water and play a game to try to understand what someone else was saying.

I doubt it

I don't think I can do that either. I think that has more to do with concentration than hearing.

Back