How many people here are NOT deaf?

Marking this so I can find it.

Wembley :wave: :lol:

i should add, i have great motivation... i live in rochester and am going in to the nursing field. i have a somewhat invisible disability myself and know how difficult it can be to work with nurses, doctors, and administrators... even without communication barriers. i can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for a Deaf person to try and get adequate medical care when nobody in the facility signs. i want to be able to help.

i should add, i have great motivation... i live in rochester and am going in to the nursing field. i have a somewhat invisible disability myself and know how difficult it can be to work with nurses, doctors, and administrators... even without communication barriers. i can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for a Deaf person to try and get adequate medical care when nobody in the facility signs. i want to be able to help.

Good for you.. My daughter is a nursing student.

Is there no one that is HOH in here??? LOL. If I missed it, I apologize but so far I think I'm the only one that is HOH here!

I am hearing and studied ASL about 15 years ago in college. Found it challenging because I am an auditory learner. At the time I had too much going on in my life to rise up to that challenge adequately. I never lost the interest though.

Now 15 or so years later, it still is a challenge. I have had more time lately due to some health issues. It's been a lifeline and helping me keep myself mentally active.

The way life unfolds is interesting. I've not paid that much attention to my hearing, especially with all the other physical issues that have gone on with me. (I am getting better!) I'm starting to notice changes in my hearing lately. Could just be age, could be the almost non-stop ear infections I had in my 30's. I do have issues with tinnitus at times too. Will have it checked out.

I guess I shouldn't be here, but I am total deaf. I was hoh for 42 years.

I am hearing. I learned ASL before it was a language, fell in love with it, with the family who taught me, and with the Deaf World they belonged to.

I am here because I feel at home here.

Back