How many other pupils...

martyns

Reaction score
at your school or students at your university wore hearing aids/cochlear implants?

At my deaf school, everybody about 40-50 of us :)

at my high school, about 40 of us

Never seen anyone with a CI in my school. I did see a couple with CI when I went to a deaf camp one summer. In elementary school I was in a class for the hearing impaired and there were about a dozen students. In middle and high school, maybe a couple others besides me wore HAs. Hearing loss just isn't common among the young. I was born deaf though.

At mainstream primary (5-11 yr old) with deaf unit, all of us in the deaf unit wore HA's, In secondary school (high school) all of us (approx 3 or 4 wore CI this was in early 90's)
at College, i was the only one...

Teaching at deaf school, majority of the kids are CI'ers...

I think I was the only hoh kid in my entire school district. Didn't get to meet other dhh folks until after I graduated high school.

Didn't know a CI kid until after I graduated from high school... when I got out of the small town I was in. Knew a lot of Deaf kids in Lethbridge, but only maybe like three or four while I was in middle school and high school in the town I spent my teenage years in. We were discouraged from interacting with each others.

Back