How Many Of You Know Sign Language?...

deafdyke said:
Wow....didn't know that your step mom was deaf too!

I am always...and I mean ALWAYS getting yelled at to modulate my voice!

Heh yeah.. But I call her mom, just so you know.. She's been married to my dad since i was 7 (14 years this aug.) So.. shes my mommy!

I can totally understand! Megladon and I went to a concert (staind/lo-pro/static x) and I did NOT want to scream so I didnt say much and he got mad at me =X.. oh well! :P

I use my voice and lip read. Most people are more then happy to repeat what they say. That is if i don't understand it the first time. If they don't repeat themselves or mean about it. I figure they are not worth talking too. They can kiss my ass. :cool: I Just started to learn ASL. :thumb: Would like to talk with others...

I sign ASL too.

I've known sign language(ASL) for 30 yrs.
Most deaf that I talk to know ASL , but they don't understand English.
Also interpret in ASL.
Margie
Dir. of Commuication Services
OCDAC

I mostly use the voice but when there are deaf ppl around I use my sign language (DGS - Deutsche Gebärdensprache -> GermanSignLanguage). When there are hard of hearing I use both of them. It depends to the sitaution I am at.

I have known PSE (used to be MSE - Morphined Sign Exact English something - I dont remmy) all my life since it was my major tool for my communication along with lip reading/oral. Now I have learned ASL few yrs ago, I only sign with my hubby, deaf friends but not around hearing people. I just speak normal since I work for govt contract, no deafies around. :thumbd:

My boys knows a little - baby signs for now. My hubby grew up oral and learned how to ASL few yrs ago, he is still learning everyday. Sometimes we make up home signs as we help each other. My mom still signs PSE...I have to go back and refresh my memory how to sign PSE since I'm used to signing ASL. My hubby doesn't get a clue at all with PSE.

My mom is only one in the family that can sign since all just speak to me as a normal person. They do know little ABC's, basically that's it.

When I am around my family and hearing people i use my voice, sometime sign if i dun want other people ot hear me, my parent knows a bit of sign if i do it realllly slow. When i am aorund deaf people i sign without voice. there is afew time i use voice and sign at the same time. Usually when i am really mad :)

I M Hoh Knew Sign Language I've Been Live In Dormitory N Go Deaf School In My All Life Thanks To My Mom Offer Me Go Deaf School I Support Deaf World :)

I grew up talkin by RSL cuz my family is deaf and went the deaf school, to hang out with deaf friends in RSL havent spoke at all, some cousins and uncles/aunt hearing they talked home sign language I used to understand them, here my husband is deaf who taught me ASL his family all hearing I start to speak English they undy me, surprised, never speak in my home country, huh! now my older daughter is hard of hearing I got used to speak both voice and sign to her :)

BSL is my own first language because I was raised up in England but I live in Germany for many years to neglect BSL. I feel that DGS is my number 1. It took me few hours to warm up with BSL when I chat with British friends.

Exactly, I used to live in Ukraine know RSL but I have lived here in USA forget some when I met some from my home country I couldnt remember to say them in RSL but when they talked to me in it I remember I guess now my ASL is nbr 1

I know some of Korean Sign Language and ASL. I learn from US solider and his Korean wife for 3 years in 1986 to 1989 which it´s long time ago. I´m sure it would fresh my memory if I meet Deaf Americans.

Interested, was wife deaf? or she was hearing knows Korean?

I met Spanish, Holland, Italian, Swedish, Greek deafies.

Every use different sign languages in Europe.[/QUOTE]

True, same speaking different so sign language

I'm not a pro signer. I type on the keyboard better than I sign talking to deaf. I only understand to deaf who can use asl/lipread becuz I went to deaf school tranferred from public school and to hoh with tc much easier. I use my voice only talking to hearing. If a stranger doesn't know me, I use both sign/voice to give him hint knowing that I'm hearing impaired not from outer space.

I sign ASL too.

I've know sign language for 30 yrs.
I don't use my voice, I only sign language.
Most all deaf use ASL engish is hard for some deaf to understand.
Margie
Dir.of Commuication Services
OCDAC
Interpreter too!!

Back