• 10-12

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

Sunshine

Reaction score
Discussion elsewhere make me curious

With insomnia, it varies. But I would say the average is around 6 per night for me.

No 7-8 option for me :(

When I am working full time schedule, I don't feel rested enough with 6-7 hours. I need 7-8 and feel ok!

I can't sleep past 9-10 hours, never can oversleep unless jetlag from overseas schedule. I came back from Korea, I slept 10-11 hours in the day, etc.

No insomnia for me or anything like that so I rarely sleep little unless I stay up doing something all night, like I did for class back in college.

I average out to about 4 to six hours though I have been getting less sleep lately due to pain in leg. Today is the first time I've gotten a decent sleep in a week cuz I got pain killers for my mouth and now the pain in my leg won't keep me awake.
Yesterday I slept only two hours due to pain in my leg.

Do the polyphasic sleep schedule = perfect. :P

4-5..... I despise sleep.

Exception.....Now that I don't work... When the flu makes it's annual visit, I hit the NyQuil and sleep for a few days.

I'm curious about polyphasic sleep.

I try to get 8 hours sleep to feel really good and ready for the day.

Usually get 6-7 hours sleep, which is 'ok', but I never feel at my peak unless I sleep 8.

However, on paleo-type diet, I've noticed I can feel very good on 7 hours.

Not enough!!!

I've always been a good sleeper, needing between 7-9hrs on average. But in the last year or more I have only managed this once or twice. My average is 4-5hrs these days. I hate insomnia! The irony is that when I was younger, like TXgolfer, I hated sleep thinking it was a waste of time and for years I experimented with different ways of having less sleep - always failing and ending up with the usual 8hrs. Now that my wish has come true I find that tiredness means I do far less during the day and enjoy things less, so the extra time awake doesn't translate into getting more out of the day. I'm incapable of napping during the day either.

I TRY and get 8 hours... But lately it has been impossible, but only possible on the weekends if I don't have any plans.

7-8 if I am not dealing with insomnia. Since my husband left last year I have been sleeping great. Maybe it is the lack of stress in our home. I need at least 5 hours of sleep in order to be civil .

7 to 8. Or at least that's how long I stay in bed , whether I can sleep or not. My father was one of those people who got by on very little sleep, and making it up on weekends.

He had a hare trigger temper due to this, and when he was autopsied after dying in a car crash, the doctor said he was aged 10 years beyond his chronological age.

I go to bed around 9, but don't always go to sleep right away. I usually wake up a few times during the night, but can get right back to sleep. I then wake up between 6 and 6:30 for the day.

I am a night owl working on a rooster's schedule. I get about 6 per night.
Morning - bah!

Around 5 hours to 7 hours of sleep.

Back