How long does it take for your audiologist to order the brand of CI prior to the op?

Fumasivil

Reaction score
I got a letter giving me a date for my CI op 21st May 2009 last week, and then got another letter a few days later asking me to drop by on the 14th May to choose the CI brand. I spoke to the center and they said it only takes a day or two to order it in.

I thought it would take longer as I understand that each order is customized according to the client? Forgive me if I'm wrong:Oops:

How long did your aud/CI center say it would take to order your CI in?

Ha, No the ci would get customised when you get switched on! No worries.

Wow 21st May that soon! Congrats, the day before i am 9 month CI user! I was activated on 20th August. I am having my 9 month review on the 27th. Really looking forward to it.

Good luck and hope to meet you one day.

I got a letter giving me a date for my CI op 21st May 2009 last week, and then got another letter a few days later asking me to drop by on the 14th May to choose the CI brand. I spoke to the center and they said it only takes a day or two to order it in.

I thought it would take longer as I understand that each order is customized according to the client? Forgive me if I'm wrong:Oops:

How long did your aud/CI center say it would take to order your CI in?

When my CI surgery was originally scheduled for September 27th, I came into the CI clinic to choose which brand of CI and what color I wanted on September 22nd. I had to push my surgery back to October 11th though because my fiance had a kidney stone he needed to pass so that he would not be in pain when I had my surgery and am recovering.

So, no, it does not take long to order a CI. It's not really that complex, they just order the color you want and the brand you want, then they get that. The day you are activated, they have it in the office already, and they hook you up to the computer and that's when they do customize your programs for you. It's called a MAP.

Back