How long do your batteries last when using an FM system?

hmmmmm..........maybe I will purchase a pack of power one. I am assuming they can be bought at a walmart or wallgreens? I have actually tried them before but they expired by a year or so....we got them for free at a deaf/hoh event. They were giving them away!! But they didnt last very long of course cause of the expiration date.

hmmmmm..........maybe I will purchase a pack of power one. I am assuming they can be bought at a walmart or wallgreens? I have actually tried them before but they expired by a year or so....we got them for free at a deaf/hoh event. They were giving them away!! But they didnt last very long of course cause of the expiration date.

I don't think Power One are usually at Walmart or Walgreens, but you can get them on Amazon.

typically you'll find Rayovacs, Duracell, store brands at Walmart or Walgreens, PowerOnes you're more than likely going to have to buy online (or check with your audie, they might have some you could buy too).

I found the rayovac to not work well with my aids at all. I would even frequently get duds. Now I use powerone and I don't have many problems. When I used my iCom all the time though I did notice that I had to change the batteries more often which stinks.
You frequently get duds? Have you checked the expiration dates on them?

I've used Rayovac and never had problems with them. I find that they work just as well as every other batteries that I've gotten.

From what I've heard from my friends, those whose batteries were duds or failed were because the batteries expired.

They will tell me, "OMG! They had hearing aid batteries on clearance at the store at 75% off!!!" Then a week later, "Jeez! Those batteries sucked!" I later find out that those batteries expired already before they were put in the clearance section. That's why it's always important to check the expiration date. You'll be surprised how fast time flies when you're not paying attention. :shock:

You frequently get duds? Have you checked the expiration dates on them?

I've used Rayovac and never had problems with them. I find that they work just as well as every other batteries that I've gotten.

From what I've heard from my friends, those whose batteries were duds or failed were because the batteries expired.

They will tell me, "OMG! They had hearing aid batteries on clearance at the store at 75% off!!!" Then a week later, "Jeez! Those batteries sucked!" I later find out that those batteries expired already before they were put in the clearance section. That's why it's always important to check the expiration date. You'll be surprised how fast time flies when you're not paying attention. :shock:

Well frequently where it happened like 3 or 4 times in the span of a few months which I found odd. I was eating through the rayovacs anyway so I switched to PowerOne and they're a lot better. Especially since the UP's take up so much more power.

Well frequently where it happened like 3 or 4 times in the span of a few months which I found odd. I was eating through the rayovacs anyway so I switched to PowerOne and they're a lot better. Especially since the UP's take up so much more power.

Maybe when I say I haven't had duds, I really have. Like they would only last about 3 to 4 days sometimes, mainly 3 days.

Power Ones are def better for the UPs and there the only batteries that won't rust like other batteries as well :)

I don't think Power One are usually at Walmart or Walgreens, but you can get them on Amazon.

Or eBay I believe which will be cheaper (not always so do check) and 99% of them have a date of 2016!

both of my kids use size 13

My friend has the Naida SPs which are maxed out. She won't use the UPs as she has never used 675s before and she thinks they are huge...but anyway she goes thru them every 6 days without FM.

Digital aids vary from people to people on how long each would last.
All depends on
How powerful the aid is.
How many program's you have on your aid.
How much noise you are in during the days.
How long you wear your aids for.

On the Internet is always says size 13s batteries should last 2 to 3 weeks and 675s should last 4 to 6 weeks but now hearingaids are digital, it really does vary a lot!

I would just say your children are using a lot of power and there is nothing wrong with their aids :)

I got powerone batteries through my audi suzanne :) I love her for that since she leaves some new packs in my bucket :D

Back