How long do your batteries last when using an FM system?

NaidaUP

Reaction score
Just wondering how long people's HA batteries last when using an FM system?

I've just started to use mine all the time at work, now I have the Smartlink plus and I'm finding them to last around the 24 hour mark, is this normal?

I normally get a week out of my 675s so wouldn't of thought the FM usage would last 24 hours.

It's a good question, I've never noticed a huge difference. However, for my Phonak A+ I need to use Duracell batteries because brands do not last long at all.

well I use the FM system everyday so my battery would be lasting 2 weeks and then before next week, I would seriously hear the low battery warning sound during classtime which is annoying ROFL

Haven't noticed a decrease in HA battery life... FM system's components have a really obnoxiously short battery life though!!

I've been told that using an FM uses 40% more on your HA batteries.

my daughter goes through 4 batteries a week! she uses her fm at school only too. she has phonak naidas her left ear is worse so that goes dead first more powerful aid

My left goes deaf first as that is my worse.

I personally use power one batteries.

I've just been chatting to a audiologist who deal with children only and try recommend changing batteries on a Monday and Wednesday as the battery alarm beeps are not reliable with the FM.

powerone batteries are pretty good and thank god I really decided to stick with a 13 battery LOL :3

powerone batteries are pretty good and thank god I really decided to stick with a 13 battery LOL :3

The more worse the hearing loss, the bigger battery is needed. If I were to use size 13 batteries, I would properly get 2 days without using the FM as I get 4 to 6 days with my batteries and not using the FM.

this is something I'll have to find out whenever I get my new FM system. right now I get about 2 weeks with a 675 Rayovac (or Walgreens brand) in my Naida.

Are you using Duracell?
No we use rayovac....I get them from the audiologist. The left ear will last over a week when she is not using her FM. But when she goes to school the left one dies at 3-4 days top then time for a new battery. It is frustrating. Phonak said that is normal cause her one aid is powerful it needs more juice to keep it on. With digital hearing aid and her FM it doesnt last.

No we use rayovac....I get them from the audiologist. The left ear will last over a week when she is not using her FM. But when she goes to school the left one dies at 3-4 days top then time for a new battery. It is frustrating. Phonak said that is normal cause her one aid is powerful it needs more juice to keep it on. With digital hearing aid and her FM it doesnt last.

Are you using size 13s or 675s?

yeah SP is 13 and 675 is UP :) since you have battery issues, try a different brand of batteries

I found the rayovac to not work well with my aids at all. I would even frequently get duds. Now I use powerone and I don't have many problems. When I used my iCom all the time though I did notice that I had to change the batteries more often which stinks.

hey pls tell me do fm system work wid cic hear aids....n exactly how fm system help u to talk better on cellphone

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

hey pls tell me do fm system work wid cic hear aids....n exactly how fm system help u to talk better on cellphone

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Your CIC aids DO NOT work with fm system as CIC do not have access to a direct input to put one of these things (picture attached) in your canal. The FM receiver is WAY too big to fit in your ear canals so that is why they do not work with CIC aids. You need BTE aids to help you on the phone.

You loose ALL features that could help you on the phone as you chose CIC aids. This has been explained to you before.

Attachments

• 51160927.jpg
    51160927.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 0
I found the rayovac to not work well with my aids at all. I would even frequently get duds. Now I use powerone and I don't have many problems. When I used my iCom all the time though I did notice that I had to change the batteries more often which stinks.

I didnt get duds with Rayovac but have found them not last anywhere near as long as Power One batteries. Power Ones are by far the best for me. :)

Back