How long did you wait to find out outcome of Cochlear Implant assessments?

ukgirlie

Reaction score
I am living in the UK and two months ago, I had my Cochlear Implant assessments...the team have had their meeting weeks and weeks ago and I found out recently that they still haven't submitted the forms to request funding for the op - basically I still haven't got a 'yes' or a 'no' for cochlear implantation from the team and I'm getting fed up of waiting to hear back. I was told it would be weeks and not months.

Is a wait of 2 months minimum the norm? How long did you all wait to hear back after being assessed for a cochlear implant?

Unfortunately, that maybe one of the downsides of free national Healthcare. Elective surgery decisions don't get rushed. In the USA it can also take months to get approval and we still have copay of 20% on a $100000 per side surgery depending on one's health insurance So count your blessings you do live in a country that consisders comprehensive Healthcare a basic human right.
My question would be to your doctor. Why haven't they submitted the request after 2 months? Nothing can get approved if request is never submitted

About 35 seconds. Our health insurance has an online process for the doctors and they simply put in the info and get a decision back right away. I knew before I left the doctors office for both of my implants.

ah don't get me wrong, I am 100% grateful that comprehensive healthcare is a basic human right, I am grateful that even though we pay national insurance contributions, we get free healthcare, it's just in my case - I was expecting to hear back sooner.. and I was shocked that the request hadn't been submitted after all this time - I am worried they're not wanting to implant me/take my case seriously :(:( I am a borderline candidate admittedly.

Back