How long did you have to wait until..

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
You got insurance approval and the date of the CI surgery? For me.. I hate waiting but I know it would be worth it all in the end! :)

I guess that depends on your insurance and the center for the surgery date.

We knew our insurance would take care of it right off the bat.

Originally, we scheduled my CI surgury two 1/2 months ahead. But since I was in a trial, Cochlear Inc. wanted it done quicker and therefore it was scheduled less than one month from decision time. It actually worked out quite well that way...less thinking about it coming up... :whistle:

FelixKat930 said:
You got insurance approval and the date of the CI surgery? For me.. I hate waiting but I know it would be worth it all in the end! :)
Read my blog: http://tinyurl.com/r5o3e and you will see how long I took to get there.. but it will not be same for everyone cuz their insurance or certain ci centers in each states varies...

FelixKat930 said:

Hmm, saw ent/surgeon he dictated the letter to insurance, had mri the following week, saw ent/surgeon week later, insurance had been approved, mri looked fine sugery was scheduled for about 10 days after so maybe 3 or 4 weeks? between initial ent visit and surgery.

FelixKat930 said:
I wouldn't had to wait for a CI if I need it, in my country.

anyway, I hope you can have and enjoy the CI :hug:

i dunno really..

i went to my ent last week.. but dr want to focus on my vertigo first and see whats wrong with me.. then if it all work out then will focus on ci next.. but will find out sometimes next month after the balance test which is on july 11.. then after that.. who knows.. i will let yall know how long. ok.. :)

my insurance approved for test in oct, nov but was scheduled to have surgery in dec.. insurance denied because only cover few thousands. took appeals, etc.. finally approved on feb or march only have to pay around $3,000 out of pocket and insurance pays rest.. had surgery date on mid-march.. but decide to take surgery mid april because of new tech "Freedom" is on market on april 2005

seems like about 3 months to get approval.

Back