How is your weather today part II

It was 101 degrees actual temperature in the shade. I don't know what it was with the humidity index.

Some days it is better to not know :D

It was 101 degrees actual temperature in the shade. I don't know what it was with the humidity index.

Some days it is better to not know :D

Anyone know when they started constantly mentioning the "feels like" temperature? It seems like it wasn't used when I was growing up in the 1950's. Or else I wasn't paying attention as a kid. I remember talk of humidity making it feel warmer but not talk of it in degrees.

Last edited:
Anyone know when they started constantly mentioning the "feels like" temperature? It seems like it wasn't used when I was growing up in the 1950's. Or else I wasn't paying attention as a kid. I remember talk of humidity making it feel warmer but not talk of it in degrees.

National Weather Service started using it in 1979

We just had a huge T storm and my dog had to pee really bad during it .
It lighting and thundering really bad and my dog jumped out of his skin .
It a good thing Marty has white fur , if not it would be had been white after that. :giggle: We got some needed rain too.

The heatwave will return here next week with the temperature in the triple digits...

The heatwave will return here next week with the temperature in the triple digits...

UGH! It never got that hot when I lived there . Global warming is real after all ! :( It's going to 90 next week here . I can't wait till fall .

I saw that too YUCK!!!!!......suppose to be 107 here on Tuesday. Weather has been pretty nice these last few days especially for July.

Oh and WDYS, these triple digits are for central CA. You lived in Berkeley right? They very seldom get the triple digits there. We can be 110 and the Bay Area near San Francisco can be in the 60's. They have great weather there.

Sunday expected to be 86o then by Tuesday jumps to 101o, Wednesday 104o That's about 20 degree jump.

UGH! It never got that hot when I lived there . Global warming is real after all ! :( It's going to 90 next week here . I can't wait till fall .

Yeah, costal and inland (central) have a difference in temperature as much as 20-25+ degrees.

Oh and WDYS, these triple digits are for central CA. You lived in Berkeley right? They very seldom get the triple digits there. We can be 110 and the Bay Area near San Francisco can be in the 60's. They have great weather there.

it started cold miserable raining so I came home from carvan so cold and sun come out rain stopped...I really ask myself do weather forecasters use horoscope or science bc science looking rather dismall

I saw that too YUCK!!!!!......suppose to be 107 here on Tuesday. Weather has been pretty nice these last few days especially for July.

I gone to the Bay area in the summer, I did travel around in CA. And I never heard on the weather report is getting that hot there when I lived in CA . We got snow in Berkeley one winter and that was rare.

Just got back from ocean, 70 degrees + sunny ... and I wore swimsuit to surf in Santa Cruz (Pacific Ocean) and I do not feel cold at all. Global Warming!

Just got back from ocean, 70 degrees + sunny ... and I wore swimsuit to surf in Santa Cruz (Pacific Ocean) and I do not feel cold at all. Global Warming!

We went to Santa Cruz in February this year and it was the best beach day we ever had. I believe it was 82 degrees with just a slight breeze. One of my favorite days. I love the beach!!!!!!

We went to Santa Cruz in February this year and it was the best beach day we ever had. I believe it was 82 degrees with just a slight breeze. One of my favorite days. I love the beach!!!!!!

We were buried under 6 feet of snow and the snow farm in Boston finally melted on July 14 ! We might get our first heat wave next week . I hope not!

AC kicked on at 9:30am.....high today 111 degrees. Hate it!!!

90's and humid earlier today, but so far bearable as long as I'm only out there for short periods of time. I'll go get some gas in a bit and then decide if I feel like taking a walk around the neighborhood. Tomorrow is supposed to be bad - heat index in the 100+ range. Hopefully the cold front that comes through in the afternoon will cool things down as I have a show to do again tomorrow night (and Fri & Sat nights).

AC kicked on at 9:30am.....high today 111 degrees. Hate it!!!

Me too! I just went outside and the air is so heavy and muggy, I been
refilling the birdbath all day for the birds and yellow jackets . The yellow jackets are so hot too they're drinking the water the birds splash around .
I think we might have a heat wave this week ! YUCKY!

Back