How good is your ability to detect pitch? Mine's above normal.

Pitch is my problem

Pitch is my problem because almost all my high frequencies are gone.

Did they test you at 500Hz? If not, exit the website and enter again till they present you with a low pitch. I have no high frequency hearing but no problem in the lows.

Whole spectrum

My last Audiogram(Audiologist & HA dispencer) went for 250hs to 8000hz. My left ear ended 90db at 8000hz & right ear NR at 8000hz. Also 75 db at 4000hz left ear & right ear 110db at 4000hz.

My last Audiogram(Audiologist & HA dispencer) went for 250hs to 8000hz. My left ear ended 90db at 8000hz & right ear NR at 8000hz. Also 75 db at 4000hz left ear & right ear 110db at 4000hz.

You still have alot of high frequency hearing, especially in the left ear. You hear 4000Hz unaided better than I hear 4000Hz aided(which is a NR) in fact you hear 4000Hz similar to how well I hear 250Hz! You hear 8000Hz like I hear 500Hz! How well do you hear the lows? Anyway did you get a chance to try the pitch test?

Low are good for now

lows right 35db at 250hz left ear 40 db 250 hz but both ear losing lows frequencies(each hearing test lows are at high DB's).

Pitch is different than frequency.

As I understand it, that is if I'm correct in my interpretation of what I read at..

Pitch (music) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Below is a quick excerpt from the above.

"Pitch is a subjective sensation in which a listener assigns a perceived tone by listening to two tones which are played in quick succession. Pitch depends to lesser degree on the sound loudness and volume of the tone. The relative perception of pitch can be fooled, resulting in "aural illusions".. of which there are several of these."

To my way of thinking then: there's a big difference between having the ability to "hear a tone at a specific frequency".. and ones ability to "distinguish a pitch".

What Say You?

Shi-Ku Chishiki

Back