How far do you have to travel...

martyns

Reaction score
to see your present audiologist, and is this distance (a) about the same; (b) less or (c) further than any other audiologist you have seen?

We travel 1:15 hrs each way, always have, no matter who is our audiologist (I know many people have to fly or drive to other cities, we're lucky to live so close to a major CI clinic).

I'm also lucky; about 50 min. drive from Casa Grande to Gilbert maybe 4o miles or so.
Nice drive and 340 or so days a year it is blue sky and dry roads. :)

15 mins bus journey to train station, then 30-40 mins to Manchester then a 15 mins walk to the CI centre

just one subway stop from my work... about 15 min.

My audi is about two hours away.....BUT I get to go to Noho which is always fun!

My daughter's CI audiologist is a 2 hour drive away, but there is a perdiatric audiologist 10 minutes away. I refuse to take her there.

Wirelessly posted

1 1/2 hr drive, the university has an audiological dept, saves me traveling double the disrance to Charleston.

About an hour in total, walk to railway station, catch train, then a bus.

Mine is about an hour and a half away. I did look around and knew there was another one a little closer (about 45 minutes away) but I also found out the one I chose is better based on the people I asked about it. Basically the one closer "Does" CI but the other place specialized in it (Cochlear Implant Center). The long drives where kind of a pain at first with so many appointments just days apart. But now it's just every few months and I'm happy with my decision.

Ron Jaxon

to see your present audiologist, and is this distance (a) about the same; (b) less or (c) further than any other audiologist you have seen?

Depends on traffic and time of day. When it's not rush hour it only takes 20-30 minutes but during rush hour it can take up to an hour, and the clinic is really only 20 minutes away from here, in the city.

We have three CI centers here in the city, one is at the oral school here for children, and the other one is also here in the city but I don't know where it is. I still go to the same CI center where I was approved for CI. I guess because they take my insurance.

I'm lucky, by car it's probably about 5-10 minutes, but by bus it's about 40 minutes from the time I leave the house to the time I walk into the Audiologist's building.

Back