How do you know when you're in love?

Vance

Reaction score
That's what I am trying to figure out :dunno:

Magatsu said:
That's what I am trying to figure out :dunno:
Magatsu, :wtf: .... you dunno?! me neither, Huh, I aint see what in the specific is your details of any infomations or feeling expreinces?

mm have a nice weekend!

That's what I thought so. I got the feeling that I may need to add bit more in my post. I have a date and have been dating her for approx 8 months now. Yes, I do have the feelings for her but am I in love with her? I don't know, I am trying to figure out how do you know when you are in love with your lover?

My date (hearing) L-signed 'I love you' to me few times and I said that back to her too but I am trying to figure out how do I know that I am in love with her or not? By my heart fast-beating when I see her? Or by think about her during doing something else like studying, watching the movie, or talk to friends? By fantasize about her when she is not around with me? By what? I wonder what's your definition of 'in love with someone'?

In my opinion, a loving commitment shouldn't be taken lightly in relationship. I mean, I know many men/women who tend to take the advantage of that or didn't take it lightly like I did.

I had my experiences with my ex-girlfriends but my date is different.. We took few things to new levels that I never experienced before with my ex-girlfriends (deafies). Hence why I am curious about yours.

Thank for asking. And you too, have a nice weekend.

When you feel that this person is the one for you, by feeling that you can not live without, the bonding, the connections where everything falls into place perfectly, when you can't stop from looking at the one you've fallen for, when the feelings in the heart truly makes you overjoyed and overwhelmed with happiness which makes you ache so strongly to be with the one you love, knowing you're not alone anymore when the one you love makes you feel alive and wonderful, lifts you up wholeheartedly, doing wonderful and beautiful things together that's makes the heart sooo warm inside and realizing you could NEVER let go the one you love!!! ;)

Good one Twinie! :hug:

With me when I am in love, Let's see it been a while since I've been in love.
Love embraces a person as a whole entity. This means that when in love; You miss that person when you haven't seen him/her, You care about the things he/she likes or dislikes in life, you want him/her close to you Love is feeling romantic and most of the time, someone who is important to you. I guess It's very hard to explain. :dunno:

The definition of love has been analyzed by poets, philosophers, artists and people of all walks of life ever since civilization begun.

Yet, it remains interpretative. Each person has her/his own definition based on experiences.

Love is hard to find yet will grow steadily and strong once its roots are watered with daily affirmations.

In my case:
Love means having unusually deep, tender, affectionate and caring feelings for someone that surpasses ordinarness. It is there even during bad times. It means encouraging and pushing that person to be the best. It means sacrificing or compromising for that person. It means being committed to that person.

It is very easy to think you've found love but most are "like" or "lust". So it is hard to know if it is really love or not. But best way to test is if its given time. Time will reveal if its genuine love. In addition, if that person sticks through hard times with you and remain devoted, it means the real thing.

On the other hand, I noticed that when one is really in love, there s not a time she or he will question whether its love or not. That person simply knows. Heart knows before the mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Meg. :hug:

Meg, we should hang out and go to single clubs to find someone special for us. heh!

Amen Angel! You said it all and more!

Love is also unconditional. Doing things for him without thinking what he ll do for you in return. Its all giving and sharing and baring soul without feeling threatened.

love is a sham

its a trick of nature to facilitate the reproductive process, don't sweat over it too much.

AvengedSevenfol said:
love is a sham

its a trick of nature to facilitate the reproductive process, don't sweat over it too much.
Now, that is the interesting comment ever I heard about love issue. Well, you are entitled to your opinion. However I disagree...

I personally don't think that love is a sham. It is something else. It stopped many people on the track, it must be something powerful force that we seem couldn't understand it better ourselves.

Hate itself is a sham, that's one I would agree with it.

Also it does not require to have love to facilitate the reproducetive process. Royal families in Old Europe, Egypt, etc already proved that.

Man is a nature, nature is a man. I believe Native Amercians would agree with me about that. *shrugs*

Last edited:
I believe its love when u knew u cant live without that person ever, whether if its just love of friendship, love of gf/bf, love of "sister" or "brother" ... it also has a lot to do with your happiness... if you feel utterly happy by just a sight of her... you can imagine the future with her... and ur just content of just being with her not neccessary to do something or having sex.. ur jsut happy with talking ot her or sitting in silent with her... .. thats my opinion. because thats how i feel with love i also believe theres many type of loves.. not just one so i think only person that will know is you.. and if ur truly in love with her... you already knows the answer even though you doubt it. i know that doesnt make sense but one who doubt himself or herself about love with other person just wanted to make sure its true thing, but usually they already knew long before they started to doubt themselves.

my opinion not facts so take it as u may :)

I’m generally not in the habit of quoting the bible, but I’ll make an exception just this once:

"Love is patient and kind, it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude or selfish, it does not take offense, nor is it resentful. Love takes no pleasure in others’ sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end. There are three things that last, faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is love"

St Paul to the Corinthians 13: 4-8

You might recognize it as the poem that Jamie’s father read during the wedding scene in A Walk to Remember. Mrs. Chimp is insisting that we read it when we renew our vows. I was thinking something more along the lines of Kahlil Gibran, but maybe I’ll squeeze this one in there too. ;)

how many times do people think they are in love, and it turns out to be a nightmare?

how many times do people think they are in love and the person ends up treating them horribly?

how many times do people think they are in love and find out they have absolutly nothing in common?

its a trick of nature, to ensure the survival of the special...chemical reactions in the brain to ensure reproduction.

its no different than a drug

that being said, its not nessecarily a bad thing, but its unreasonable to get hung up on it, as it means very little....find someone who makes you happy, and don't sweat over wether your "in love" or not.

Love can get lost between two persons over a period of time, or people just thought they were in love when they weren't.

Some people just don't understand love.

Come to think of it, I like Kahlil Gibran’s take on the subject even better than the other quote:

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love.
When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, I am in the heart of God."
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.
Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

From The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran

Before when i was in the love with somebody and i never knew it was a REAL love to me till I meet somebody who hit me so HARD and i finally it's real love to me.. Im still love this person if we already broke up and alway think of her in my heart.

Getting in love getting you lost in nowhere, make sure you are following your own guts.. Like i follow my guts and i know somebody is one for me.

love can be very difficult to define.....

me think love is unique and can happened to very few of us....

lust is everywhere....

people go from one relationship to other seeking ....love

i love and care for my friends and family deeply and i would die for them....is that love?

if so what kind of love?

love is a mystery and will always remain so... :angel:

That is a very difficult question blade. very difficult. I am in love with my boyfriend and just thinking of him makes me high with happiness. My heart is just filled with happiness and love. And o yeah, about the person who wrote the St Paul to the Corinthians thing, I truely agree with that. But I can't really explain how a person falls in love because you have to experience it. Very difficult question blade.

Back