How do you handle certain situations?

I don't intend to complain, but she does NOT have her own VP, and that's something I'm gonna focus on when she comes to town in 2 weeks. She needs to have one, and I have a very good idea that she's going to want me to help her, which is why I need to prepare for that.

HUH?? I thought you said you told you can't help her anymore so what why need to be prepare for anything??

If you want to help guide her thru the steps to getting a VP account set up, that's fine. Just stay away from the legal advice.

I think we're getting no where with this. I think is more about Chicagoblue wanting attention more than anything.

Chicagoblue2 Why did you reject every advice that you received in this thread? What is the point of creating this thread? Are you trying to get people to think that you are wonderful because you help people? :confused:

Why keep changing stories? People here have a great advice here trying to tell you -- don't get involved and tell her to consult a lawyer.

Getting yourself involved only makes things worse for her and her "ex" that could blow out of proportion.

The most simple thing I would tell her is to consult a lawyer then move on. If she bothers you, tell her I am not a lawyer and like you said in other thread "Let the professional handle it" That's probably wise thing to do.

I..

Dude... the woman REALLY needs to learn how to find this stuff on her own. I can understand maybe first few times helping but at some point she needs to start picking up how to do this herself. At best maybe TEACH her how to use google properly. I know hearing people who at first had no idea how to use the correct terms or what terms to use until someone guided them in how (many years of playing online riddles taught me that...). Opinions or suggestions are good but not "This is what I've found and what you should do". As everyone has said- she REALLY needs to go find a lawyer. There's a reason why there are a kabillion law schools out there... a guy sitting at his computer googling does not equal a lawyer who has spent 4-6 years in law school AND pass a bar exam.

Stop enabling her... that's including helping with the VRS stuff. I help friends... when ASKED but I also make sure they have other means to find the proper help needed.

I..

Dude... the woman REALLY needs to learn how to find this stuff on her own. I can understand maybe first few times helping but at some point she needs to start picking up how to do this herself. At best maybe TEACH her how to use google properly. I know hearing people who at first had no idea how to use the correct terms or what terms to use until someone guided them in how (many years of playing online riddles taught me that...). Opinions or suggestions are good but not "This is what I've found and what you should do". As everyone has said- she REALLY needs to go find a lawyer. There's a reason why there are a kabillion law schools out there... a guy sitting at his computer googling does not equal a lawyer who has spent 4-6 years in law school AND pass a bar exam.

Stop enabling her... that's including helping with the VRS stuff. I help friends... when ASKED but I also make sure they have other means to find the proper help needed.

Yeah , when I wanted to end my marriage I had my husband move out of my condo and I got a lawyer and paid for it . My lawyer took care of all the legal stuff , he set up the court date and when we were at court my lawyer told the judge that I am HOH and that everyone need to speak louder for me. I got my support from my family and friends and left the legal stuff to a lawyer.

Back