How do you get pups to stop jumping on you?

Dannie

Reaction score
I know that you knee them in the chest when they jump, but what if she jumps on you when your sitting down?

Any ideas?? We use our arms, and the paper sometimes and she knows better!

We have her cousin (a Golden Lab) over for the weekend, and she is just attacking him lately, he does put her in her place but he could easily hurt her!

She's finally stopped nipping at my nose, because she backs away started when I try to bite hers (so she knows what it's like) - but she is still quite a nipper and she's 4 months old as of August 13th! What to do????

Don't hurt the dog at all.... keep the dog focused on matching the hand signals to the right behavior then soon the dog will understand what the hand signal means. If you have company over then have your dog on a leash in the house then the dog will start to realize the boundaries and once off the leash then the dog will notice how people behave towards the dog in a very positive way. :) :thumb:

Put the Pups outside and dont let em in.Thats how you stop pups jumping on you.

Buckdodgers said:

I don't believe in putting dogs outside and the dogs should be part of the family and have all the comforts of home and a warm place in the winter time and in the summer time the dog can enjoy an air conditioned home.

Heath said:
I don't believe in putting dogs outside and the dogs should be part of the family and have all the comforts of home and a warm place in the winter time and in the summer time the dog can enjoy an air conditioned home.
What happens if your dog wants take a shit or a leak? Still gonna keep the dog in? :popcorn:

I have the same problem when we got Rocky, it was long road to teach him..

If you have cable or direct tv.. my advise to watch Dog Whisperer.. it worth shot to see it and have closed captioned..

I keep hold Rocky's chest and push down.. say.. "down"
then say stay.. and pet..
or can give him treat.. few times after you command him.. it will might take longer depends on your puppy or dog..

after few days teaching puppy/dog then use palm hand like sign halt.. to the face.. "down" "stay"

Good luck

Buckdodgers said:
What happens if your dog wants take a shit or a leak? Still gonna keep the dog in? :popcorn:

my dog did shit and peed in my old apt and i had to punish my dog and my dog never had any accident since then it is just like teaching a baby to do things.

Is this how you punish him
white_cage%5B1%5D.jpg

Buckdodgers said:

cant do that just traninng them down or something

MsGiglz said:
I have the same problem when we got Rocky, it was long road to teach him..

If you have cable or direct tv.. my advise to watch Dog Whisperer.. it worth shot to see it and have closed captioned..

I keep hold Rocky's chest and push down.. say.. "down"
then say stay.. and pet..
or can give him treat.. few times after you command him.. it will might take longer depends on your puppy or dog..

after few days teaching puppy/dog then use palm hand like sign halt.. to the face.. "down" "stay"

Good luck

That is what I did many times when I come visit over my mom's home lol and my mom keep tell her dog down. When her dog jump over me like stand up and paws on my arm or my chest so I said down and pat the dog lol it works for me but still jump over me lol :lol: she is only 4 yrs old by now :lol:

Is this how you punish him
white_cage%5B1%5D.jpg

:ugh3: I don't agree that the dog's kennel should be used as a punishing tool, as in, "KENNEL!" This should be their home, not a punishing mechanism. Incidentally, Snickers no longer has a kennel, as she never liked being in it.

Back