How do you do it?

Peej

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good sites that can help with confidence issues?
Mine is consistently very low and I tend to shirk away from any social interaction due to my hearing loss.
Do you think it's something that can be learned.
Even the thought of sharing a meal with my co-workers during break terrifies me!

I get into a group of more than three people and I get into a panic.

Peej with AllDeaf

How bout trying to ask couple of coworkers to eat lunch with you and you could let them know you have a hard time hearing in a large group. Or ask a coworker you like out for coffee after work .

It might be easy to start with giving sincere compliments to your co-workers. If you like their new haircut, picture of kids on their desk or that report they did let them know. It will be a short positive exchange of words that can help build your comfort around them.

Hi guys.
I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good sites that can help with confidence issues?
Mine is consistently very low and I tend to shirk away from any social interaction due to my hearing loss.
Do you think it's something that can be learned.
Even the thought of sharing a meal with my co-workers during break terrifies me!

I get into a group of more than three people and I get into a panic.

Peej with AllDeaf

this book actually helped - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fine-Art-Small-Talk-conversation-ebook/dp/B000JMKSGK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1399240760&sr=1-1&keywords=the+fine+art+of+small+talk"]The Fine Art of Small Talk: How to Start a Conversation, Keep It Going, Build Networking Skills--and Leave a Positive Impression![/ame]

if you can - try to have a 1-on-1 with your coworker on lunch break - the one you really trust and are comfortable with... and then explain your anxiety to him/her. that way - whenever there is a small gathering... your coworker can help and serve as an icebreaker for you.

It might be easy to start with giving sincere compliments to your co-workers. If you like their new haircut, picture of kids on their desk or that report they did let them know. It will be a short positive exchange of words that can help build your comfort around them.

Yeah if I see a person I do not know and tell them I like her haircut or shoes etc that person will smile and say "Thank you!" and they'll feel good too and we'll talk for a second. It's great ice breaker , people loving hearing nice things about their self or kids etc.

Back