How do you deal? Any Advice?

set2

Reaction score
I have been wearing digital BTE for over 3 years. I seemed to be doing good and wear them 16 hrs a day. Well I seemed to have hit a bump in the road so to speak.

In the past few weeks I have been treated for an infection in the ear canals. I had a reaction to the drops and ended up with my outer ears swollen and Red. I had my hearing tested and wouldn't you know it is worse so I will be trying some stronger digital BTE. Has anyone tried Widex Inteo (Power Model)? If I am going to spend another $5,000 for new hearing aids I want them to work better than what I have now (Widex Senso Diva)

The results of the hearing test does not suprise me because I have had more problems using the phone and at meetings and listening to the TV even with wireless headphones. My speech discrimination score was a whopping 20 on the left and 0/12 on the right. I am even trying LACE (an auditory training program) to see if that helps.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and thanks for letting me vent. Good Luck with the CI's or Hearing Aids. If you have any advice I would appreciate it.

Hey, i've got a Widex Senso Diva (digital) in my left ear, and when it came time for me to get one for my right they told me to get Unitron Unison - which is equivalent to Widex Senso Diva but not as expensive (since Widex had a price hike apparently)

Other aids that are good for severe losses are Oticon and Phonak! i hope this is of some help!

Widex Inteo

I have Widex Inteo (Power Model) and it is working for me. I am please with these sounds and still working on my programs to see which one I like.

I think the Sumo DM digital aid from Oticon would be best for you !

BTW, I have recently gotten my digitals for 5 weeks . Have you had difficulty in adjusting to digital sounds ? I have some problems but hope things become smoother over time.

My digitals are win 112 btes from bernafon.

I have been wearing digital BTE for over 3 years. I seemed to be doing good and wear them 16 hrs a day. Well I seemed to have hit a bump in the road so to speak.

In the past few weeks I have been treated for an infection in the ear canals. I had a reaction to the drops and ended up with my outer ears swollen and Red. I had my hearing tested and wouldn't you know it is worse so I will be trying some stronger digital BTE. Has anyone tried Widex Inteo (Power Model)? If I am going to spend another $5,000 for new hearing aids I want them to work better than what I have now (Widex Senso Diva)

The results of the hearing test does not suprise me because I have had more problems using the phone and at meetings and listening to the TV even with wireless headphones. My speech discrimination score was a whopping 20 on the left and 0/12 on the right. I am even trying LACE (an auditory training program) to see if that helps.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and thanks for letting me vent. Good Luck with the CI's or Hearing Aids. If you have any advice I would appreciate it.

I would like to thank everyone for your advice. I am definitely going to try the Inteos and Sumos and maybe another model. Phonak has a mini power aid that looks pretty good and it uses a 13 battery. I need something smallish because I am petite and I might try these if they are not much more than the others.

Highlands, as far as adjusting to digital aids (Widex Senso Divas) I adjusted right away (the same day I started wearing them). I had tried an analog ITES year ago and hated them so they ended up in a drawer. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I finally got all my audiograms together from the last 5 years and I am alarmed. Five years ago my left ear was normal and now it has a severe loss.
There is even a 25 db decrease in my right ear which also has a severe loss. I have faxed the audiograms over to my new ENT and will be talking with him tomorrow. I think I have lost too much hearing in too short of time. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I be alarmed or is it just the way hearing losses go?

The results of the hearing test does not suprise me because I have had more problems using the phone and at meetings and listening to the TV even with wireless headphones. My speech discrimination score was a whopping 20 on the left and 0/12 on the right. I am even trying LACE (an auditory training program) to see if that helps.k you all for sharing your stories and thanks for letting me vent. Good Luck with the CI's or Hearing Aids. If you have any advice I would appreciate it.

You seam to have alll the same problems as me :pissed

Back