how do u react when ur under exetemely bad stress?

SpiceHD

Reaction score
im curious of your body reactions, and your own personal reactions when ur under lot of stress (mind u those stress can be anything from losing someone to losing a job... each person has different tolerate of stress... while a person can handle losing a job as easily as a kid losing his homework... but other person could view that as end of world)

so mind sharing your story on how u reacted to that specific situation?

Going thru my divorce and having my ex take my daughter and moving 3 hours from me was the most stressful period of my life. I just basically lost my appetite completely and lost like 30 lbs in 1 month from not eating and crying so much. My body felt like a 300 lb weight and I felt like I had to force myself to do my daily routine. It was hard.

Losing someone I truly care about is really an emotional situation, I would at times find myself not eating or having trouble sleeping, People reacted this way when there's the death of a loved one or a break up or a divorce, or a serious illness. It would stress me out so much especially I would even cry myself to sleep at nights. but I learned that this is what life is all about, something we all have to face when reality hits us. We have two choices either drown ourselves with our pains, shut yourself off with people we truly care about that are our friends, family, or we can let go and heal our heart and pains recognize what's underneath our pain, acknowledge it and maybe talk about it with someone you trust or your love ones like family or a close friend.

But, if something so small like if someone hurt my feelings etc. I would just blow the problem off, not gonna stress myself over it, because there's going to be difficult people out in the world no matter where you'll meet them at. ;)

well, for obvious reasons, I'm under a lot of stress.. and how do I deal with it?

A lot of tears, a lot of sleeping, some unhealthy eating (donuts and cinnamon rolls, anyone?) the fun part is knowing that sooner or later, the stress will go away.

growing up, i relieved a lot of stress by taking it out on weights. I would just lift to the point where I couldn't move my body. I guess it allowed me to control my own pain rather than enduring the feeling of i can't control it.

I also went to batting cages...very helpful & really allows you to be as aggressive as you want to be.

I ususally try to be at least somewhat use a healthy outlet that will let me get more from it

ever had a reaction that s completely different than it was supposed to be?

like for example.. u wanted to leave a job cuz u hated it and in few days your boss fired you... u found urself so upset about it and crying and everything despite the fact you DID wanted to leave in first place.

ever had that happen to u?

I got laid off from a job I hated--one of the most boring jobs ever. Anyways, in a period of 3-4 months, I got another job and got laid off again in 2 months, I moved to another apt, broke up with boyfriend, got sued by ex-employer, moved again to another apt (landlord asked me to move out of her house), then find out my dad have lung cancer and is dying--that was the worst blow of all. :( I became depressed--sleep all the time and later had insomnia. I didn't eat much and lost 25 lbs. I felt like a zombie with no energy for several months....that was the worst time in my life.

I went to counseling a few months later and my therapist explained all the signs of depression and grieving such as insomnia, etc.

Took care of my late husband while he was dying of lung cancer was very very hard.... i had to be very strong....then he died in my arm.. i went into deep depression for 6 yrs...

My worest is lost my horse..

Long time ago I was agreement contract with person who lease my horse a year... But my horse and that lady are disappeared! so guess she selling it for profit.. ughh I did talk with attorneys etc...... Said can't do nothing and its long story anyway :(:(

Sometime I was thinking of my horse and wonder if he ends up at good place or bad ? :(:(:(

When I get stressed I normally mope around, go into a zombie like state and eat out of compulsion. I've gained 30 lbs, when Im happy and whatnot I lose 30 lbs so my weight seems to be a reflection of where I am at mentally. The scale usually doesnt help either. :lol:

People handle stress different ways and depends what the stress is about. When I lost my job last year, I remember being bummed out and came home took a warm bath with candles lites knowing it was not the end of world.
When I had a really hard day work back in 1999 to 2002 I did kickboxing miss it very much. The little hole in the gym shut down my kickboxing days were over.
I go to the gym to workout and feel better afterward.
When someone makes me sad or bad day I turn to Lucky dog. He's my shoulder to cry on. He's always comforting, someone to lick the tears away. He knows how to cheer me up, very smart yellow lab.

Yes I do feel that way, I can go ahead quit the job as I skip my homework. I hate stress, period. If I get stressed, I will get out of control and grumpy, mean, forcing islotating myself. My family are unbelieveable, they never notice that they are causing things that are giving them stresses, it's kinda annoying to me.

I would either : Get drunk and get laid OR hitting gym. Morethan often i would pick latter for my health sake. :D

Back