How do I get a job?

I don't need a college, though.

You are better off looking at the links I gave you, then you won't end up in a job you hate because they don't 'understand your deafness'. Remploy match you with work that will work with deafness, disabilities etc etc.

College in the UK is different from University. Colleges are a secondary school to get your A levels if your high school doesn't have them, or they can be vocational programs. Universities is where they get degrees. While there are colleges within Universities (like at Cambridge and Oxford) they are something different. You can finish school there at 15 or 16, take your GCSE tests if you want, take your A levels or do more study to get your A levels, then go to University. She may have been out of school for a couple years now.

Sounds like she needs college.

She wants to move to Switzerland so getting a job in the UK is a moot point.

I personally regretted that I didn't finish my college. If I had college degree I would be making much more money than I am. My friend, already have college degree, and don't have issue finding job. He can find job anytime he wants to. I'm serious because he had few interviews in the past several months, and every of them produce job offers for him. WHy easy for him? Cause he had college degree.

I don't need a college, though.

I personally regretted that I didn't finish my college. If I had college degree I would be making much more money than I am. My friend, already have college degree, and don't have issue finding job. He can find job anytime he wants to. I'm serious because he had few interviews in the past several months, and every of them produce job offers for him. WHy easy for him? Cause he had college degree.

Yea, so true...I just applied for a job that pays over $100k a year because I was able to meet all the qualifications as far as education goes but I am lacking a wee bit in experience so I may not get it but the point is ...because I have a MA degree, I am able to apply for jobs like this one.

I would be shocked if I get called for an interview because I am sure there are more qualified applicants applying for it but hey, doesn't hurt to try! :)

The real reason for my regretting not finishing college degree might surprise you.

It wouldn't matter if I actually finish the degree of the field that I pursuit and did took the job of that field. What I didn't know was waiting to happen. After hitting a serious injury to my physical from that kind of job. I never thought I would be injured such that way would happen to me. BUT because I have not finish degree, I would have to start all f...ing again to pursuit different field. Mind you if I had finish a degree beforehand, I wouldn't have problem going back to school to change field in less than a year because I have complete bachelor degree. That is why I regretted for not finish school in the first place.

We all CAN'T predict our destiny, so it is best to fully prepared for them by finish college degree of whatever you want.

Yea, so true...I just applied for a job that pays over $100k a year because I was able to meet all the qualifications as far as education goes but I am lacking a wee bit in experience so I may not get it but the point is ...because I have a MA degree, I am able to apply for jobs like this one.

I would be shocked if I get called for an interview because I am sure there are more qualified applicants applying for it but hey, doesn't hurt to try! :)

WakeyNicole, since you don't have a special skill, what about odd jobs at fast food restaurants such as McDonald's or Taco Bell? Are you good at typing? If so, pass a test and you should be able to find an office work. Do your deaf friends work?

Ah, you're in Europe? I spoke with my VR/VESID counselor and they're not much of a help when it comes to finding a job (in the USA), lest a hypocrite tells you otherwise (don't ask).

I know several agencies in the US that helps disabled people in finding a job, but not in Europe.

LOL Like some teens, sounds like she wants a slacker job to cruise through. Let her learn the hard way, it's obvious she has no comprehension for most of the advice given to her.

Back