How do become friends with an ex-boyfriend after a bad breakup?

Some people can handle letting go of someone they really love and become friends. My ex boyfriend was the love of my life when i was 14 and I knew him since 5th grade. He was my first everything, first love, etc. we broke up after we graduated from high school. We remained friends. 15 years later, we're still bestfriends. as far as my ex husband, i'm his friend but he doesn't want to be my friend because I would not go back with him. my soon to be ex husband and I are not friends now. we're not even speaking on terms. I don't think I can be his friend ever. I just think it varies on how the relationship goes.

Some people can handle letting go of someone they really love and become friends. My ex boyfriend was the love of my life when i was 14 and I knew him since 5th grade. He was my first everything, first love, etc. we broke up after we graduated from high school. We remained friends. 15 years later, we're still bestfriends. as far as my ex husband, i'm his friend but he doesn't want to be my friend because I would not go back with him. my soon to be ex husband and I are not friends now. we're not even speaking on terms. I don't think I can be his friend ever. I just think it varies on how the relationship goes.

I have to agree that it does varies on how relationship goes for some people. It hard for most ex to be friends. I don't think it an easy thing to do but great posting.

It's hard to move on after a break up if you really loved the person. If he wasnt a good boyfriend (he hurt u many times ya say) so he won't be a good friend. Besides it would be very complicated having a friendship with an ex. Therefore, an ex is ya ex for a reason. Move on, meet other people, close that chapter of your life. First loves are sweet memories that's all. Time to move on up to bigger and better experiences! Good Luck!

It's not really that bad being friend with a ex, because I'm a guy. I had a gf but I dump her for a reason. Later we agreed we'd be just friends. It's really hard looking at her after all this time we have been going though. Sometimes we would talk to each other about life and stuffs. I don't see her as my girl anymore. We moved on with our lives, but it may sound so weird and strange sometimes when you see her again...

Back