How did you name your dog?

Marley from the movie "Marley & Me". Totally different dog, mine weighs just four pounds and does not eat the furniture.:)

Bruiser after Legally Blonde. He's my uncle's chihuahua, I am taking care of him at the moment.

Some peoplee say I'm a hillbilly, so I named my dog Gunner cause I thought I'd be cheeky like that ;)

I have three dogs two beagles and one half beagles and half bassinet

Two girls is full beagles pandy and muffin and one boy is half beagles and half bassinet is Walter

I named my adopted Siamese kitten moonshine, 2 reasons.
1. At nite when he is most active he glowed in the night due to being white.
2. When I get home from a long day I need a shot of moonshine .. (he makes me laugh)

Itsy, bitsy, tiny Pomeranian: Bitsy
Pomeranian/Papillon mix, we could not decide on a name. When we asked he said: "Boooo"
Big, red Shepherd/Chow mix was my Christmas present: Holly

I had 2 dogs in the last 30 years. Both lived very long.

My first dog was a Purebred Cocker Spanial. Took us a while to come up with a name. And me being a kid at the time, I called him Flutter Nutter. Because he had that peanut colored hair color. We shortened it to Fluffy after a while.

Our current dog is a Purebred Black Lab. She's 11 or 12 years old now. Can't remember. Anyhow, we were trying to coming up with some names. The one time around midnight she was outside barking. So I went to look for her in the backyard. I shouted 'hey, get in here!'. I couldn't see a single thing. Wondering she was ignoring me. But in the pitch black I saw these 2 glowing dots, which ended up being her eyes coming right at me. Right there and then I called her Midnight. She had a very dark black hair color, you can't even see her outside. Now that she's older, she has grey around her mouth, I can see that in the dark now. hehe She can no longer hide from me.

Deacon, my dog was named at the shelter since he was found near a church off the interstate.

Buddy, daughter's dog, was named at the shelter since he was super friendly.

Sammy, our tuxedo cat, was named by shelter and not sure how he got that name.

We have had dogs: Queenie, Ajax, Agamemnon(all bulldogs), Fritzie (poodle/scottie), JD (pit bull, numerous things for the J.D.), Muttsie (some hideous Heinz 57 dog my father got somewhere), Malcolm Felix Webster III (Black Labradork) Names came from various sources.

Cats: too numerous to count and think of, buy by and large, Charlie, Clyde, Sammy and Tinkerbell were the best.

Back