How did you meet your partner? Funny stories?

Bright-Eyed-TJ

Reaction score
Hi I want to know how did you meet your spouse, gf or bf? Do you have a funny story? Or a romantic one?

I met my husband just by luck one day I went to my friend's house to have lunch with her. Her brother knocked on the door, as he just returned from out of the country for three years. I got up to help him with his boxes and when I saw his eyes and his smile, I immediately fell for him! He is hearing so he didn't know much signs (actually he's HOH but never allowed to learn sign before).

So the three of us had lunch together and he was very curious of me, and not scared or timid like some hearing folks. He kept asking his sister, "how do you sign this, how do you sign that". Wow, my heart!!

Three days later she set us up on a date, and the rest is history. He has since become fluent in signs and we are sooo happy together!!

How about you?? :)

I met my husband at a bar. My best friend was married at that time- her ex husband had called him to come down and hang out with us, and he came down. After I saw his buff body and his eyes, I was smitten. from that night on, we talked and talked until morning dawn came up... 3 years later here we are... getting ready to celebrate our 3 months anniversary of being married...

DeafTJ I love your story.

My bf and I met when I was working at a video store. He came in with his nephew who was 4 at the time and i helped him pick a movie for the kid. The nephew is now 9 almost 10 so that was 5 years ago!

AWWW nice stories you all above .... sigh... it shows that it can happen to anyone.. just not just yet!!! "later the better" I'm still fishing but I'll let fate do the work as well to live your life now as if no tomorrow .... smile...

i work at a school for the deaf. I was working one night at a football game. A friend of mine introduced me to this girl who was trying to recruit people for a silent breakfast she was setting up. I agreed to go, then later backed out when i learned she wouldn't be there heh.
I talked to her for a few minutes, then she started to leave and i freaked, caught up with her and asked for her email(shes deaf). she "reluctantly"(i quote this because she says willingly, i say she looked reluctant heh)gave me her email, and i didn't see her again for a long time.
one day out of nowhere, i contacted her and we continued talking for a bit, but she had a boyfriend. I partied with her as much as possible, just as a friend for quite awhile, getting to know each other too, but staying within the boundries of friendship.
shortly thereafter, she broke up with her boyfriend and i moved in for the kill. she never had a chance haha. good things come to those who wait.

I met my woman on the video phone. Her best friend introduced her to me and we fell in love almost instanteously, it happened on Aug 2005. It was a long distance relationship for about 6 months and she came to visit me in Washington state on Feb 11, 2006 and she decided to stay and live here so here we are. We've been together for 1 year and half now.

Sweet!! I love reading stories about how you all met your partners and how it all turned out at the end, and still together as for today. ;)

i met my partner first here on AD purely as friends and later chat on other site online and after months of chatting, we decided to meet and here we are over 2 years together and still going strong! :thumb:

I met my woman on the video phone. Her best friend introduced her to me and we fell in love almost instanteously, it happened on Aug 2005. It was a long distance relationship for about 6 months and she came to visit me in Washington state on Feb 11, 2006 and she decided to stay and live here so here we are. We've been together for 1 year and half now.

:ily: Yeppers that's correct hunnie... But it's so odd thing is... We had been around in here, NEVER HAVE THE GUTS TO MEET ON OUR OWN! :giggle: But thanks to my best friend, Fei Ku for that! :dance2:

Back