How did you meet your husband/wife/lover?

AngelOfRoses

Reaction score
In April of 2001, I met my husband Ed through the Christian chatroom at deafchat.com. We chatted for a few weeks. I told him that I was in a wheelchair and wondered if it bothered him. He said, "No way, your personality comes first." I also told him that I wouldn't be able to have any children because of my health. He said that it didnt matter as long as we have each other. That made me feel good to hear him to say that. We really liked each other. Somehow, we lost in contact. I hadn't heard from him for 5 months. During at that time, I had thought about him alot and wondered how he was doing. One night in November, I was cleaning out my AIM and saw his screenname on my buddylist. I was thinking "Should I delete his screenname because I haven't seen him online for 5 months or leave it." Something in my heart told me not to delete it so I left it. The next morning when I got online to check my emails Ed got online for the first time in 5 months and he imed me! I was so excited to hear from him. We chatted and caught up everything we had for 5 months. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said YES! On December 13, 2001 He came to see me for the first time. Of course, I was so nervous. When he saw me, he hugged me and kissed me. After he kissed me, he opened his jacket and there were 3 beautiful red roses hiding in his jacket. He handed those roses to me and said, "They are for you.' I thought that was so sweet of him. We dated for 2 months. We got married on January 20, 2002. Things have been going wonderful for us. We have been married for 3 years. Guess what?? We are blessed to have a beautiful baby girl who is 17 months old. :)

Oh gosh, that gave me the goosebumps!! I met my fiance in '97 at a mardi gras party in Mobile, Al. We were just friends and at the time I was married. I didn't think of anything like going too far or getting too deep with him. I just thought more of a good friendship.. Then a couple of months later, he imed me to see how I was doing and asked me if I'm single and I said no.. I'm married and my husband was behind me.. ahh that didn't work out too good.. but he understood and said he was sorry.. he didn't realize I was married. Then another year went by, I was in the process of getting a divorce which was a bad year for me, I'd gotten really depressed and didn't feel like doing anything. My friends were very very encouraging for me to get out and have some fun. So, I decided to do that and went to my friend's house and was drinking and hanging out, having a good time. Two guys showed up at the door and I noticed my long time friend was there and jumped on him and hugged him. I never noticed the other guy that was standing there. By the time we got to the living room, I looked at the other guy and realized that was the guy that I met at Mardi Gras party and also he imed me online. I was surprised!!! So I started talking and hung out with them all weekend. When they went to go back home which was 4 hours away, I was sad and I knew I had fallen for him but didn't want to rush. Well, a few days later, he imed me to see how I was doing and we chatted for like 5 to 6 hours and he admitted that he's had a crush on me ever since he met me at the Mardi Gras. I told him that I have a crush on him "now" then he asked me for a date. We dated and here we are! We've been together for almost 5 years this December 9th. We're also engaged too.. Not sure when we'll get married though!

Sorry this was long!

Awww AngelofRoses, What a quite story you got there. Sounds soo sweet! ;)

I've met my boyfriend (lover) on here "AllDeaf," We chatted on aims/MSN since December of 04 and we met in real-life recently in June and fall in love. And I also got invited to go to his cousin's wedding in Santa Barbara which was so beautiful and romance. I cannot wait to spend more times with him again. :mrgreen:

I met my partner Javapride babe at the Civil Defense for meeting and christmas party at Nani in hilo, Big Island last year. :D

:aw: What a beautiful story AngelofRose. It looks like patience was a virtue for you afterall.
I met my husband at the Providence Deaf Club, through my dad, as both my parent's were members there. My dad encouraged me to come to the club and see all the deaf there. I was 26 years old at the time. In walked what was to be my future husband with his 4 friends, 5 of them altogether. They had afros and attitudes that one couldn't imagine. Manny sat at the bar, and of course me being the "new face" at the deaf club, and signing to people who I have known for so many years. It was time for him to go around and ask who I was. Everyone answered Alfred's daughter (my dad). He went back to his seat at the bar, and decided to have his own staring contest, and it made me feel so conscious. So, I asked my dad, who he was and my dad said his name is Manny, and he's a nice guy. So I looked over at him, and asked if his name is Manny? He answered "yes why"? So indignantly, I told him "to stop staring at me". From that moment on I couldn't stand him!!!! I wanted nothing to do with him, and he felt the same way about me.
But, we kept bumping into each other at deaf basketball games, deaf club events, but I would do everything I could to avoid him, and he did the same.
I didn't see him throughout the Spring and Summer of 1977, what a blessing!!!! Then in September of 1977, when summer activities are over and time to come back to the club, he showed up one Friday night during Captioned Movies, and I heard this little voice from way behind me say "hello Donna" when I turned around, it was Manny, with a new attitude and a much friendlier person. We started dating in November of 1977, never left each other's side, and married October 7, 1978. We have been married now almost 27 years, have 2 grown daughters, and a foster son, who we are hopefully nearing adopting in the early Fall.
I guess it's true when they say, the man you hate the most, is the man you end up marrying. It was true for me!!!

CODAchild said:
:aw: What a beautiful story AngelofRose. It looks like patience was a virtue for you afterall.
I met my husband at the Providence Deaf Club, through my dad, as both my parent's were members there. My dad encouraged me to come to the club and see all the deaf there. I was 26 years old at the time. In walked what was to be my future husband with his 4 friends, 5 of them altogether. They had afros and attitudes that one couldn't imagine. Manny sat at the bar, and of course me being the "new face" at the deaf club, and signing to people who I have known for so many years. It was time for him to go around and ask who I was. Everyone answered Alfred's daughter (my dad). He went back to his seat at the bar, and decided to have his own staring contest, and it made me feel so conscious. So, I asked my dad, who he was and my dad said his name is Manny, and he's a nice guy. So I looked over at him, and asked if his name is Manny? He answered "yes why"? So indignantly, I told him "to stop staring at me". From that moment on I couldn't stand him!!!! I wanted nothing to do with him, and he felt the same way about me.
But, we kept bumping into each other at deaf basketball games, deaf club events, but I would do everything I could to avoid him, and he did the same.
I didn't see him throughout the Spring and Summer of 1977, what a blessing!!!! Then in September of 1977, when summer activities are over and time to come back to the club, he showed up one Friday night during Captioned Movies, and I heard this little voice from way behind me say "hello Donna" when I turned around, it was Manny, with a new attitude and a much friendlier person. We started dating in November of 1977, never left each other's side, and married October 7, 1978. We have been married now almost 27 years, have 2 grown daughters, and a foster son, who we are hopefully nearing adopting in the early Fall.
I guess it's true when they say, the man you hate the most, is the man you end up marrying. It was true for me!!!

hahaha, I remember that story. Your Dad encouraged you to meet Manny at the Deaf Club. Manny was desired to have you for a long time. He told everyone about you. Should I ask Donna out for a dating? I told him, go for it... Important, he needs to be grow up as man. He had been fooling around and tease us alot. He combed a big afro hair. We threw the paper balls into his hair at the bus down to the basketball games. Ladies put a pink little bows on his hair. :afro: Of course, we were picking on Manny and other men who had afros hair !! :giggle: It was really good memorize with all High School kids basketball game. I was the cheerleader. :lol:

I laughed because everytime, we had a basketball games in VT, Maine, NH and Hartford, CT. We always kissed and play fore each other. Jeeze !! Mr Cooney was not care about us. I assumed, Mr. Cooney enjoyed to watch us. :fu:

i met hiblue at the civil defense for a breif time she was very sweet and i didn't think nothing of it at first cuz i was healing from my last break up... well come christmas party she takes me to the side and said would like to meet up with you in the next couple of weeks i said sure gave her my e mail and then we talked and talked all night Dec 11th and hooked up since... so yah its been a great 8 months for us.. sure ups and down but so far smooth sailing.. she taught me alot as i have for her! \,,/_ u my aloha babe :)

Mrs. Chimp and I were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. I'll post a picture of her soon in my 'renewed vows' thread. :)

Sabrina said:
hahaha, I remember that story. Your Dad encouraged you to meet Manny at the Deaf Club. Manny was desired to have you for a long time. He told everyone about you. Should I ask Donna out for a dating? I told him, go for it... Important, he needs to be grow up as man. He had been fooling around and tease us alot. He combed a big afro hair. We threw the paper balls into his hair at the bus down to the basketball games. Ladies put a pink little bows on his hair. :afro: Of course, we were picking on Manny and other men who had afros hair !! :giggle: It was really good memorize with all High School kids basketball game. I was the cheerleader. :lol:

I laughed because everytime, we had a basketball games in VT, Maine, NH and Hartford, CT. We always kissed and play fore each other. Jeeze !! Mr Cooney was not care about us. I assumed, Mr. Cooney enjoyed to watch us. :fu:
:rofl: Oh Sabrina, I am so glad that you have a real good memory!!!! What you said made me feel really good and uplifting!!!!
You had some really good times together, and memories go a long way, and I am glad that you shared them with me!!!! Thank you Sabrina!!!

Oh boy.. here I go...

I had to transfer to other drawing class (yes - NUDE) because I had a rift with a professor that I could not get along at RIT. The Dean of Art agreed that I would be better off in other class because for some reasons the Professor kept picking on me and giving me some of hell. Even the professor got warning.. he still did it (eventually he got fired the next year- thank god for it).

I was awkard about going to another drawing class because i was already in middle of my quarter of the year (2nd Quarter)...meaning I would have to meet new group that follows same schedule. there are like three groups on three diff same schedule so they all kept the same ppl for three yrs thru foundation of art. Its complicated anywayyyyy..

I went to drawing class. of course all hearing.. only three deaf guys that the dean told me.. me being only deaf lady.. oh boy.. I met all two but not the third one.. I just chose the desk next to a guy that looked like he had a major hangover. This friend of mine siad oh don't bother him, he s always out... I went ohh okayy..whatever..

Eventually that day. This guy looked up and stared at me. I thought he was an hearing guy, I said hi there. he looked mean guy.. then went back to ingore me. I told myself. jeez what an asshole...okay whatever as long i know he is an damn loser.

Eventually few days, i asked my friend. where is the third deaf guy that I was told I would meet.. my friend said well you already met him. I said really? who?? he said well that asshole you were telling me. Then I looked around and saw him watching me.. feeling I was idiot the whole time making fun of him and not realizing he was deaf. Eventually we became good friends the following years. he roommated my ex bf and shared same bday....

I broke up my ex bf... I was home for the summer, my hubby called me in the summer and chatted til we came back for our last yr at RIT. we started dating and we knew we hit it off. we have known each other for 12 yrs...married for 7 yrs, and we have two wonderful little boys... I guess I did marry my asshole guy... :mrgreen:

wow interesting thread here...

My German hubby Uwe and group from Deaf Club went to London for 3 days from Germany to play friendly football match with the group from my Deaf Club in London. That's where I met him in May 1983... :) It's cute that we can't understand our languages... we use English/German dictonary and also body gesture... :giggle:

I laughed at Uwe and don't beleive him when he asked for exchange our addresses. I thought he would forget me when he went back to Germany.

I was speechless when he wrote cute English (he pick English from German/English dictonary) postcard. I got his postcards/letters every 2 days... :eek2: I began realize that he is serious about me and meant honestly that he fall in love with me in hard way when he asked me what I do during summer time. I told him about booked my holiday plan to Africa with my friend at 6 months ago but he asked me where/which hotel we will spend our holiday. I was like :eek2: and give him the hotel where we will stay. He went to book the same hotel and inform us that he will come one week later after our arrival. I was speechless...

We enjoyed our one week vacation in Africa then Uwe came... I can't beleive when the manager of hotel gave me a note telling me which room number Uwe stay. I can't beleive it's really him who follow me to Africa.. :eek2: We spend other 2 weeks vacation and can't beleive that Uwe is very patience and very respect when I don't want to be his lover yet but give me time to be enjoy first... I grow love him more and more every day thru his gentle and respectful way.

One month later in September 1983 after our vacation in Africa, I went to visit Uwe & his family in Germany for one week vacation. We become wonderful lover...... and then go Germany again to spent Christmas holiday in December 1983. It grow worst and deep in love...

His first visit to London to spent his 1 week holiday with me in my apartment where I celebrate my 21st birthday party in Feb. 1984.

Uwe asked me to marry him in August 1984 in Germany where we sit on the bench in hill of forest to have view on sunset.

Uwe & I celebrated alone our engagement on Boxing Day 1984 and first saw that Uwe lit the candles and fall in love it... Unforgetable...

We saw each other 13 times in 1983 to 1985 and also wrote letters awful alot then married on 7th September 1985 in London then go off for week honeymoon in Paris before left England to live in Germany on 15th September 1985. (We still keep our letter in attic)... I sometimes re-read those letter when I clean in the attics...

We decided to not want to have babies right now and want to enjoy each other first and began to travel every Europe and overseas alot for 7 years before start to buy the land to built our dream house then start family...

We married happily for almost 20 years now and have 2 handsome sons. I have everything what I dream for...

AngelOfRoses said:
In April of 2001, I met my husband Ed through the Christian chatroom at deafchat.com. We chatted for a few weeks. I told him that I was in a wheelchair and wondered if it bothered him. He said, "No way, your personality comes first." I also told him that I wouldn't be able to have any children because of my health. He said that it didnt matter as long as we have each other. That made me feel good to hear him to say that. We really liked each other. Somehow, we lost in contact. I hadn't heard from him for 5 months. During at that time, I had thought about him alot and wondered how he was doing. One night in November, I was cleaning out my AIM and saw his screenname on my buddylist. I was thinking "Should I delete his screenname because I haven't seen him online for 5 months or leave it." Something in my heart told me not to delete it so I left it. The next morning when I got online to check my emails Ed got online for the first time in 5 months and he imed me! I was so excited to hear from him. We chatted and caught up everything we had for 5 months. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said YES! On December 13, 2001 He came to see me for the first time. Of course, I was so nervous. When he saw me, he hugged me and kissed me. After he kissed me, he opened his jacket and there were 3 beautiful red roses hiding in his jacket. He handed those roses to me and said, "They are for you.' I thought that was so sweet of him. We dated for 2 months. We got married on January 20, 2002. Things have been going wonderful for us. We have been married for 3 years. Guess what?? We are blessed to have a beautiful baby girl who is 17 months old. :)

this is SO ROMANTIC AND UNBELIEVABLE!!! it gave me the goosebumps!!! god bless you!!! :hug:

RebelGirl said:
Oh gosh, that gave me the goosebumps!! I met my fiance in '97 at a mardi gras party in Mobile, Al. We were just friends and at the time I was married. I didn't think of anything like going too far or getting too deep with him. I just thought more of a good friendship.. Then a couple of months later, he imed me to see how I was doing and asked me if I'm single and I said no.. I'm married and my husband was behind me.. ahh that didn't work out too good.. but he understood and said he was sorry.. he didn't realize I was married. Then another year went by, I was in the process of getting a divorce which was a bad year for me, I'd gotten really depressed and didn't feel like doing anything. My friends were very very encouraging for me to get out and have some fun. So, I decided to do that and went to my friend's house and was drinking and hanging out, having a good time. Two guys showed up at the door and I noticed my long time friend was there and jumped on him and hugged him. I never noticed the other guy that was standing there. By the time we got to the living room, I looked at the other guy and realized that was the guy that I met at Mardi Gras party and also he imed me online. I was surprised!!! So I started talking and hung out with them all weekend. When they went to go back home which was 4 hours away, I was sad and I knew I had fallen for him but didn't want to rush. Well, a few days later, he imed me to see how I was doing and we chatted for like 5 to 6 hours and he admitted that he's had a crush on me ever since he met me at the Mardi Gras. I told him that I have a crush on him "now" then he asked me for a date. We dated and here we are! We've been together for almost 5 years this December 9th. We're also engaged too.. Not sure when we'll get married though!

Sorry this was long!

FATE!!!
i believe in fate!!! and that things happen for a reason!!! congrats to you girl!!! :hug:

Cheri said:
Awww AngelofRoses, What a quite story you got there. Sounds soo sweet! ;)

I've met my boyfriend (lover) on here "AllDeaf," We chatted on aims/MSN since December of 04 and we met in real-life recently in June and fall in love. And I also got invited to go to his cousin's wedding in Santa Barbara which was so beautiful and romance. I cannot wait to spend more times with him again. :mrgreen:

i know the feeling!!! :D

i didn't meet mine in here but met a dear friend in here introduced me to him!!! :D

CODAchild said:

what a funny story!!! :)
but a happy ending one though!!! :hug:

downing said:
Oh boy.. here I go...

I had to transfer to other drawing class (yes - NUDE) because I had a rift with a professor that I could not get along at RIT. The Dean of Art agreed that I would be better off in other class because for some reasons the Professor kept picking on me and giving me some of hell. Even the professor got warning.. he still did it (eventually he got fired the next year- thank god for it).

I was awkard about going to another drawing class because i was already in middle of my quarter of the year (2nd Quarter)...meaning I would have to meet new group that follows same schedule. there are like three groups on three diff same schedule so they all kept the same ppl for three yrs thru foundation of art. Its complicated anywayyyyy..

I went to drawing class. of course all hearing.. only three deaf guys that the dean told me.. me being only deaf lady.. oh boy.. I met all two but not the third one.. I just chose the desk next to a guy that looked like he had a major hangover. This friend of mine siad oh don't bother him, he s always out... I went ohh okayy..whatever..

Eventually that day. This guy looked up and stared at me. I thought he was an hearing guy, I said hi there. he looked mean guy.. then went back to ingore me. I told myself. jeez what an asshole...okay whatever as long i know he is an damn loser.

Eventually few days, i asked my friend. where is the third deaf guy that I was told I would meet.. my friend said well you already met him. I said really? who?? he said well that asshole you were telling me. Then I looked around and saw him watching me.. feeling I was idiot the whole time making fun of him and not realizing he was deaf. Eventually we became good friends the following years. he roommated my ex bf and shared same bday....

I broke up my ex bf... I was home for the summer, my hubby called me in the summer and chatted til we came back for our last yr at RIT. we started dating and we knew we hit it off. we have known each other for 12 yrs...married for 7 yrs, and we have two wonderful little boys... I guess I did marry my asshole guy... :mrgreen:

WHAT A CUTE STORY!!! :)

Liebling:-))) said:
wow interesting thread here...

My German hubby Uwe and group from Deaf Club went to London for 3 days from Germany to play friendly football match with the group from my Deaf Club in London. That's where I met him in May 1983... :) It's cute that we can't understand our languages... we use English/German dictonary and also body gesture... :giggle:

I laughed at Uwe and don't beleive him when he asked for exchange our addresses. I thought he would forget me when he went back to Germany.

I was speechless when he wrote cute English (he pick English from German/English dictonary) postcard. I got his postcards/letters every 2 days... :eek2: I began realize that he is serious about me and meant honestly that he fall in love with me in hard way when he asked me what I do during summer time. I told him about booked my holiday plan to Africa with my friend at 6 months ago but he asked me where/which hotel we will spend our holiday. I was like :eek2: and give him the hotel where we will stay. He went to book the same hotel and inform us that he will come one week later after our arrival. I was speechless...

We enjoyed our one week vacation in Africa then Uwe came... I can't beleive when the manager of hotel gave me a note telling me which room number Uwe stay. I can't beleive it's really him who follow me to Africa.. :eek2: We spend other 2 weeks vacation and can't beleive that Uwe is very patience and very respect when I don't want to be his lover yet but give me time to be enjoy first... I grow love him more and more every day thru his gentle and respectful way.

One month later in September 1983 after our vacation in Africa, I went to visit Uwe & his family in Germany for one week vacation. We become wonderful lover...... and then go Germany again to spent Christmas holiday in December 1983. It grow worst and deep in love...

His first visit to London to spent his 1 week holiday with me in my apartment where I celebrate my 21st birthday party in Feb. 1984.

Uwe asked me to marry him in August 1984 in Germany where we sit on the bench in hill of forest to have view on sunset.

Uwe & I celebrated alone our engagement on Boxing Day 1984 and first saw that Uwe lit the candles and fall in love it... Unforgetable...

We saw each other 13 times in 1983 to 1985 and also wrote letters awful alot then married on 7th September 1985 in London then go off for week honeymoon in Paris before left England to live in Germany on 15th September 1985. (We still keep our letter in attic)... I sometimes re-read those letter when I clean in the attics...

We decided to not want to have babies right now and want to enjoy each other first and began to travel every Europe and overseas alot for 7 years before start to buy the land to built our dream house then start family...

We married happily for almost 20 years now and have 2 handsome sons. I have everything what I dream for...

:eek2: HOW ROMANTIC!!! OMG!!! you don't find men like these!!! sheesh!!! where are men like him!???

i knew someone who whisked his gf to paris and proposed to her on eiffel tower... she was just "blown away!" ... everyone was like whoa!!! how romantic!!! wish we had men like him! :fly3:

my dad is like that with his "WIFEY" (GAGS) :barf:

my bil is like that with my sister too... as a matter of fact.. he is taking her away to somewhere in europe for her birthday in september :eek2: .. but won't tell her where ... i think it is italy :giggle: .. cuz she has always wanted to go to italy... so we will find out in september!

javapride said:
i met hiblue at the civil defense for a breif time she was very sweet and i didn't think nothing of it at first cuz i was healing from my last break up... well come christmas party she takes me to the side and said would like to meet up with you in the next couple of weeks i said sure gave her my e mail and then we talked and talked all night Dec 11th and hooked up since... so yah its been a great 8 months for us.. sure ups and down but so far smooth sailing.. she taught me alot as i have for her! \,,/_ u my aloha babe :)

awww! how sweet! :)

Levonian said:
Mrs. Chimp and I were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. I'll post a picture of her soon in my 'renewed vows' thread. :)

that's great! again congrats on the renewal of your wedding vows! and be good to mayflower!!! or else! :squint: :P

Sabrina said:

where is YOUR STORY!??? :whip:

Back