How did you meet your best friend/confidant?

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
I met my best friends while at school; we've remained good friends since then, but things have changed between us, so I needed someone to confide in, and I am still searching for a person to confide in real life, but there is always the chance someone can earn my trust, and share lots of stuff not seen here.

What about you?

I met my best friend in grade 2 and although we are still best friends our lives have taken different paths. We are both studying different degrees and at different universities so it makes it difficult to make time for each other.

I met my best friends while at school; we've remained good friends since then, but things have changed between us, so I needed someone to confide in, and I am still searching for a person to confide in real life, but there is always the chance someone can earn my trust, and share lots of stuff not seen here.

What about you?

I'm sorry to hear that the circumstance has changed. hope you find another friend to confide in.

I met my best friend in high school. still are to this date even though he got married and moved out to Texas.

I have several other close friends to confide in for different things.

I'm sorry to hear that the circumstance has changed. hope you find another friend to confide in.

Yeah, so do I. I'll find that person someday. Who knows, that someone just might end up being my special somebody. Anything is possible in today's world.

Met a good friend at work; he was a coworker and we'd have some laughs during breaktimes. Another one I met through a friend of a roommate and as it turned out his brother lives next door to me.

Ironically, I've found it easy to make friends when you're not trying that hard and instead just enjoying the moment.

Met my best friend while doing summer theater. Married him a few years later. I miss him. :(

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

i got many aquaintence but it three people who mean world to me...i know every aspect of their lives as they do me, no judgements old school friend other when working and last one waiting for our kids coming out of school..between 30 and 50years...
i don't feel at my age i want anymore best friends as not possible for them share all the many up's and down's of my life..one tip never let money be an issue lend but don't expect it back visa versa

I'm not sure what you meant by best friends. Do you mean someone you would eventually marry and spend rest of your life with? As for me, I'm not sure I've a best friend unless you want to count my Rottweiler. He was found on Craigslist for free.

I met my best friend, in the 5th grade and remain friends today.

In life, I met other friends I can confide in you know who you are :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at Gallaudet. in HS I didn't know sign language so I got shunned and ostracized by the other deaf students. I learned later in HS and more at Gallaudet. I became friends later after Gallaudet with a few of the HS kids. Odd, some of them are not friends with each other anymore....

I'm not sure what you meant by best friends. Do you mean someone you would eventually marry and spend rest of your life with? As for me, I'm not sure I've a best friend unless you want to count my Rottweiler. He was found on Craigslist for free.

I think he mean having a friend that you can feel safe telling things that you would not tell anyone else. I could be wrong about this.
I met one of my best friend in school , we both about 11 or 12 years old and we stayed close friends for years . When I moved to California my younger sister and friend got very close , they had more in commons as we all got older. My other best friend that I know all my life and just stopped having anything to do with one another. I don't think I will never trust any person again with my deepest feelings or thought. I will tell my dog anything , he is a great listener. My friend I met when I was 11 yo dies of a brain tumor when she was only 40 years old and dies right before her first grandchild was going to be born. :(

I actually had two best friends their names are Jonathan and Joshua. We actually met when i transfer school. I was sitting alone in a corner trying to avoid everyone. And these two (they were nit friends yet at time) say down with me to try to keep me company. It was kind of awkward at first but within a week we cared for each other so much. I then transferee baxk to my ild school but we continued to hang out. They were my first friends too and of the people i cared the most. But then a little mkre than a year ago. They were coming to visit me and they had an accident in which both passed away. I still miss them very much. I got many friends but i havent gotten to love (as friends) any of them as i did them two.

I have my three best friends they not keen on each other but that not point.i know more about them visa versa than their husbands do

I mean people you would confide in that you wouldn't tell anyone else certain stuff. That's what this thread is about.

I met my best friend at 18 months old at an oral-only preschool in AZ. We have been through thick and thin for the past 41 years. She lives only 2 hours from me in PA but since her our kids entered elementary age, we haven't really seen each other as much as we did before. I don't confide in her like I used to and she doesn't in me as we both have a group of girlfriends locally whom we confide in. However, regardless of what happens, we will always be best friends for life.

Maybe once our kids grow up, we can see each other more often. It is so hard with her two girls in middle school, my daughter being 17 and my son being 8. Our kids are at different stages in their lives so they have different interests plus they are involved in sports or dance which eats up our weekends. I went to her house for the weekend in Fall. It is time for a visit but her dad is not doing well so she has been flying to AZ to help her brothers to take care of him.

Right now, I have 3 girlfriends whom I confide in but not tell them all of my secrets like I do with my best friend and another close friend who just moved to NC. Those two know some of my deepest and darkest secrets that my 3 other girlfriends do not know.

My best friend and I have known each other since we were three. It is hard to keep in touch because I live 4 hours away from her.

Been burned many times by telling a "best friend" something in confidence...then later on to find others know about it....My closest sister was one....really put up a wall between us ever since....She keeps "probing" :giggle:...and I keep making up stories for her to "spread gossip about"....:laugh2:...She accused me of believing that everyone was conspiring about me....

Anyhow...my doggie is my best friend, my confidant...my sweetheart and I trust her 150%....Some things are better left unsaid...taking it to the grave, in better words I'm guessing..

I have 2 best friends...

The first one I met when I moved into my dorm freshman year of college, she was my roommate. I had a feeling we would end up getting along because we had talked on the phone a few weeks prior to move-in day just to see what we should bring (fridge, tv, etc) and we ended up talking on the phone for over an hour...we did that every after we moved in together. I always made sure I did my homework early so I could get to bed at a decent time and add in the extra hour of talking in our dorm room with the light off...We lived together all four years of college and a few years after that...

The 2nd one, I actually met when my roomie (same one from above) and I were bored and our friend told us that one our guy friend's band was playing a house show for some girl's birthday party. We decided to check it out and it and I ran into a friend there who introduced me to the birthday girl. She was wearing a laurel crown on her head and I complimented her on it and said that's what my name meant and she took it off and said I could wear...5 1/2 years later, that girl is my best friend in the world and I would do absolutely anything for her...

Back