How did you get my number??

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I remember few years ago, I was with my ex girlfriend. She had a cheap flip phone. I had an Android phone. I remember showing her my phone. I had one of her friends on my buddy list. She was very surprised that I had her friend's phone number. She was wondering how I got it. I had to explain to her that if we're friends on Facebook, I can find her phone number.

I don't think many people don't know about that. I hope they do. I hope people are careful about giving their phone numbers to Facebook.

Likewise, if you're my friend, you can find my number without asking me.

I often find my friends' numbers. We talk via messenger. I don't want to text them unless they gave their number to me. I'll not text them just because I found their number on Facebook.

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

dereksbicycles said:
I remember few years ago, I was with my ex girlfriend. She had a cheap flip phone. I had an Android phone. I remember showing her my phone. I had one of her friends on my buddy list. She was very surprised that I had her friend's phone number. She was wondering how I got it. I had to explain to her that if we're friends on Facebook, I can find her phone number.

I don't think many people don't know about that. I hope they do. I hope people are careful about giving their phone numbers to Facebook.

Likewise, if you're my friend, you can find my number without asking me.

I often find my friends' numbers. We talk via messenger. I don't want to text them unless they gave their number to me. I'll not text them just because I found their number on Facebook.

Similar here. I saw yours, but I won't text you until I have given you my number first.

Last edited:
One more reason to add to the list on why I don't have a FaceBook account.

You don't HAVE to list your phone number or email on Facebook if you don't want it known. I don't. Mine isn't listed. That's optional.

You don't HAVE to list your phone number or email on Facebook if you don't want it known. I don't. Mine isn't listed. That's optional.

Like you said in your post about Facebook, there's too much drama, something I can make do without.

Back