HOW??? Deaf girl wants to chat with Hearing parents online

Pyr8Eye

Reaction score
If anyone has ideas... these are the specs:

Deaf girl has a Mac computer running Mac OS X, parents have PC platform computer running Windows XP, need a communication system that allows both PC and Mac platforms to work with each other

She would like to SEE her folks, and TALK with them 'cause they like hearing her voice (like a lot of hearing parents do) and she doesn't want to lipread them all the time, so she'd like to TYPE with them...so, any programs with video, audio, and text capabilities?

Deaf girl doesn't like Sorenson's system...can't see her folks through the interpreter!

If you have any sure-fire cool ideas, I'd love to hear them! We're trying to put together a system for a Christmas gift!

Pyr8Eye said:
If anyone has ideas... these are the specs:

Deaf girl has a Mac computer running Mac OS X, parents have PC platform computer running Windows XP, need a communication system that allows both PC and Mac platforms to work with each other

She would like to SEE her folks, and TALK with them 'cause they like hearing her voice (like a lot of hearing parents do) and she doesn't want to lipread them all the time, so she'd like to TYPE with them...so, any programs with video, audio, and text capabilities?

Deaf girl doesn't like Sorenson's system...can't see her folks through the interpreter!

If you have any sure-fire cool ideas, I'd love to hear them! We're trying to put together a system for a Christmas gift!

Use her iChat from Mac to AIM (PC) for video,audio and text.

Thanks, Neo. I'll look into it.

Pretty fitting name ---Neo--- to be giving out computer advice!

Many thanks from one matrix to another!

Both you and your parents have a webcam? Get a high quality one. Not one of those Made in China cheap webcams. Ask at the computer store.

Yeah.. Webcam would do because you can look at them and type to commuincate. I have done that many time with hearing people who dont know sign language and it works smoothly and very effort!

Back