how can you tell....

FeistyChick

Reaction score
if someone is on drugs???

what are the signs? (i know some of the signs but i want to see what others say)...

i think i can tell if they are on drugs IN PERSON... but how can you tell if they are on drugs ONLINE?? as you can't see them.. ya know what i mean???

A friend of mine and I were chatting online and I could tell that he was high because he was laughing for no reason and pausing a lot. Knowing that he smokes marijuana sometimes so I asked him if he was feeling high and he said yes.

o.O ???

Most signs are physical characteristics that can't really be shown over a computer. But it's usually noticed by people you talk to, if they have a major change in typing pattern...

Depend how talk alike wild and weird mood swings.. not alike this person talk you..
Just hard tell who talking you on line.. what their reactions languages talk alike slang?
:dunno:

A friend of mine and I were chatting online and I could tell that he was high because he was laughing for no reason and pausing a lot. Knowing that he smokes marijuana sometimes so I asked him if he was feeling high and he said yes.

i have had it happen to me too :lol:
but i was referring to "hard" drugs such as cocaine, LCD, etc...

o.O ???

Most signs are physical characteristics that can't really be shown over a computer. But it's usually noticed by people you talk to, if they have a major change in typing pattern...

like being nasty? verbally abusive? tongue lashings? etc...???? (ONLINE) :dunno2:

In all honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell if the person is on drugs or not when they're on line and not on a web cam or VP, sometimes when people laugh a lot, could be that they're drunk or smoking up something, but for cocaine etc, I wouldn't know for sure....

being nasty, << could be that they're dirty minder OR having such a bad day, temper etc same apply to verbally abusive...

I wouldn't assume that this person may be on drugs without any proof to back up my claim...

u cant tell if someone who using drugs while chatting online...

unless u using Webcam with that person

In all honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell if the person is on drugs or not when they're on line and not on a web cam or VP, sometimes when people laugh a lot, could be that they're drunk or smoking up something, but for cocaine etc, I wouldn't know for sure....

being nasty, << could be that they're dirty minder OR having such a bad day, temper etc same apply to verbally abusive...

I wouldn't assume that this person may be on drugs without any proof to back up my claim...

what if he does it out of the blue for no reason? and catches you offguard??? because this is a person i have known for years who was always so sweet n loving who never argued with anyone... but in the last few years he has been very nasty, verbally abusive, tongue lashing at people, we think he is on drugs (he admitted that he tried everything for the fun of it but wasn't "HOOKED" to them??? how can you NOT be hooked to drugs cuz i have heard stories that once you try it... you are easily hooked!??? :dunno:) i mean he was always this sweet person and all that... but lately he has been taking it out on everyone... and if he is mad at someone... he calls them names, says nasty things about them that you wouldn't believe... then after they make up... he acts like nothing happened??? he does it with everyone sheesh... HE HAS CHANGED SO MUCH... we also think it has to do with his upbringing and also he has ushers syndrome that he is STILL IN DENIAL... and his eyesight has increasingly gotten worse in the last few years as well...

so we are trying to figure out if his erratic behavior has to do with drugs or not...

Unfortunately, it doesn't mean that he has an addiction, but it does mean that he's abusing a drug that could lead to an addicting problem...I knew a few who had taken drugs in the past but had quit on their own, while many others didn't, Addiction means a person who has no control over whether he or she use a drug, yet the way you're describing about him, it sounds to me he may possibly be addict to a drug that he has no control over it, and for that he does need to seek help....If he doesn't then it may be necessary to call his family or the police on him, so that way he could get all the help he needs....I've never actually witness a person who is heavy on drugs, it must be scary for you to deal with this, but if you truly care about this friend, you would do everything in your power to help him....He may not realize what hes putting himself into, and he could die from the result of a cocaine or overdose....

:sigh sadly: I'll say a prayer for him :(

it could be drugs.. I knew someone who did a lot of drugs and acted the same way when they were on drugs. Your friend sounds a lot like that.

but some people do have anger issues and tend to repress them for a long time, and after a while, the repression gets to them and they take it out on people. which can cause the behaviour you're talking about. So it could be either.. The only way to really know is to see for yourself.

Yeah I know what you means.... Ahhhh, Good questions! I have never thought of it like that. [in real life I am anti-drugs].. anyway I bet you that drug users using pm or Instant messging their friends or randoms instead of this forums. who knows...

this topic is good one!

well if you knew person very well in real life then chat online and you can tell if either stoned or different person and you will know if this person is actually stoned. If you don't know this person well and it is hard to tell if this person is stoned or what?

After you figure out that this person is on drugs then:

Decide what you want to say.
Before you say anything, figure out what your problem is with what they're doing. And what it is you want them to do?

You might be unhappy about your friend or partner's choices, but there's no formula that can be applied to make someone stop using drugs. If you let them know how you feel, you might find there's room for a bit of compromise. But ultimately if you can't accept their choices, it comes down to whether you want to continue the friendship/relationship or not.

Talk to them when you are calm
It's really easy to have a row, shout at each other and make threats. But you won't get past how you're feeling if you're emotional. Get calm and talk through the issues. What's the problem? What do you want them to do? What do they need from you?

Avoid asking why
Why? Because it puts people on the defensive. And, they might not know why they do five pills / have risky sex / owe the dealer money they haven't got. Ask questions beginning How, When, What, Where. It'll get the conversation moving and you won't simply get a Yes or No answer.

Focus on them not the drugs
The Speed, coke, heroin isn't doing anything to you. They are. How does their behaviours affect you? Are they unreliable? Is it their mood swings? Are you always paying for everything? What are the good/bad things that can happen if they continue doing what they're doing? And how does that create problems for you?

Stick by them
Don't turn your back on them. Listen to them and how they say they feel. Talk to them about their health and well being. Suggest what they might do but don't go on about it. If they want, offer to go with them if they go for help.

Info: Dealing with Drugs

it could be drugs.. I knew someone who did a lot of drugs and acted the same way when they were on drugs. Your friend sounds a lot like that.

but some people do have anger issues and tend to repress them for a long time, and after a while, the repression gets to them and they take it out on people. which can cause the behaviour you're talking about. So it could be either.. The only way to really know is to see for yourself.

that is what we are thinking too, as one of the possibilities...

If you said this person is on drugs and started talking crazy --like you said tongue lashing online then the odds are high that person is stoned on something. I would bet that this person is on drugs while online.

If this person have no history of drug use or is not a heavy user, then its hard to say if this person is stoned while being online.

how can you tell....

if someone is on drugs???

what are the signs? (i know some of the signs but i want to see what others say)...

i think i can tell if they are on drugs IN PERSON... but how can you tell if they are on drugs ONLINE?? as you can't see them.. ya know what i mean???

Red/pink eyesockets,
sometimes yellow eyes
skinny and thin
Yellow thumb
laid back and no worries about anything.
Half sleep look eyes

Back