how can you communicate with hearie at lunch?

ILoveTarget

Reaction score
hi! i like boy at my work. we write notes to each other sometimes. i ask him if he want to take break with me he say yes. we take break and eat dinner. he dont have cell phone so we cant text. i can read lips ok but he cant understand me when i speach. writing notes while eating hard and not neat. you have another good idea? we talk on im at night sometime. i wish he understand me when i speach. so hard!

If you want him to understand your speech, just keep talking to him until he starts to understand. Strangers can't understand me many times, but people who know me a long time usually can.

i have hearing boyfriend who lives in London,England but he can sign little not lots so i can write and paper at him when i met him somedays.

I taught (and still do) hearing friends the whole alphabet and had them spell out what they wanted to say. We usually stuck to short phrases and other amusing signs, though it worked well.

i print him out a page of finger spelling. i hope he can learn. i don't think he like me that much though. i think he just nice guy! i dont speach much because people make fun of my voice and nobody can understand me. i dont have anyone in my life that can understand my speach! very frustrating. 1 teacher at my deaf school could understand my speach. she very nice. i miss her!

If the guy is interested in you (whether it be for a friendship, or a dating relationship), he will do what it takes to speak more fluidly with you. If he's not willing to make the effort to learn, or help you with your speech, then he's not worth your time.

The finger spelling is great though, its easy to learn, and its a good excuse to touch his hands to correct him! ;)

And don't worry about what other people think about your speech, just ignore them and keep practicing and using it, because if you don't, then it will never get better

i print him out a page of finger spelling. i hope he can learn. i don't think he like me that much though. i think he just nice guy! i dont speach much because people make fun of my voice and nobody can understand me. i dont have anyone in my life that can understand my speach! very frustrating. 1 teacher at my deaf school could understand my speach. she very nice. i miss her!

Do not dismiss him as just being nice. We not that nice ;)
If we like girl we nice!

First, make sure he accepts you being deaf... if so, go for it!

Make sure you bring lots of paper and extra pens. Write, write, write. This is how you get to know the other person.

Back