How can I improve my sidekick3's battery?

A

Animal_Lover

it seem to ran out a lot and i hasnt use my sidekick3 as much..
yea, i reduce to lowest brightness, and else else..still not enough
and no i hasnt play game or go to internet (i heard using internet make u ran out batteries faster) or whatever..
i just use texts, emails, and aim that all..

what can i do!?!?!?

That happens to my friend. She has SK3 and told me that her battery runs out so fast and she kept having to charge it up almost every hour. She only uses AIM, TextMessaging and email. She cant figure out why it is doing that. Tmobile is not helping either because they dont know either.

Oh really? My friend has to charge it every hour. She thinks something is wrong with the battery or something. So she said she is thinking about to replace the battery. Maybe that would help or not. Who knows?

Hope you find out solutions to your battery plms.

Turn off sounds and vibrations they kill the battery more. I limit use of lights on my sk3. My sk3 lasts as long as 24 hours with out a recharge. I use aim, and yahoo and once a while use text and website. Never had a problem with battery issues I recharge every night.

Did you adjust the timer for how long the backlight stays on?

That could be the problem, as the display, even though it's dimly lit, can still use up battery. Set the time to the lowest setting possible. Maybe this could be the problem.

Also, have you tried doing a full discharge/recharge? By discharging the battery to 0% and recharge the battery to 100% a couple of times, you could ensure a longer-lasting battery life in your Sidekick.

I could be wrong about discharging/recharging but I hope I can be of any help.

Any Sidekick problems or issues, here is forum:

hiptop.com :: Index

they have tons of feedbacks and helpful informations

~via BB (Hi there, I was in your same shoe like that before.... Until I received the update from OTA on my sk3. My sk3 had no problem with battery. It running smooth and standby two days. I was sitsafied with it.. But My fiancee don't like blackberry, so she wanted to swtich her bberry for my sk3. We did.. She's happy with SK3. I don't have any feeling regrets.. :)

Could I ask you question, here question is did you recevice update from OTA???? I hope you and t mobile work it out asap.. Good Luck!)~

Turn off sounds and vibrations they kill the battery more. I limit use of lights on my sk3. My sk3 lasts as long as 24 hours with out a recharge. I use aim, and yahoo and once a while use text and website. Never had a problem with battery issues I recharge every night.

i dont use sounds, how to use limit ur lights? u mean the brightness? it is lowest brightness, and i only use AIM and email that all.. but i use vibration..cuz i need to know if i got message or not..

Why not recommend Sidekick users to use QwertyPhones.com? There is a forum like AllDeaf.com there. QwertyPhones.com is owned and operated by Alex, himself.

Thanks for the link... I didn't know about the link til now. I can use both links for any helpful informations related to sidekicks.

i dont use sounds, how to use limit ur lights? u mean the brightness? it is lowest brightness, and i only use AIM and email that all.. but i use vibration..cuz i need to know if i got message or not..

Go to Settings then highlight "battery and Display" you will see the list in there that will shows "Turn off after 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes. I prefer 30 seconds or 1 minute. 2 and 5 mins will kill more juices in the battery. I use ambient light sensor so that helps too. And the screensaver on to conserve battery life.

Hope that helps

Go to Settings then highlight "battery and Display" you will see the list in there that will shows "Turn off after 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes. I prefer 30 seconds or 1 minute. 2 and 5 mins will kill more juices in the battery. I use ambient light sensor so that helps too. And the screensaver on to conserve battery life.

Hope that helps

oh i think mine is 15 seconds..
and i dont use ambient light cuz of battery...

then why it still ran out fast for me!

I reduce to use AIM and website to save the battery. I have no problem with my SK3 battery.

NO, your Sidekick3 is use AIM log in chat chat much can eat wireless is heavy send/rec but aim is online no one chat will less or backlight set up automatic senson day light is off and night is on. you need to set must idle to sleep full off (low power) and do not leave on and on all day can eat. If you not use voice phone and data stay idle all day can more time up to 3 day. I have Sidekick 3 no problem .. If you have any problem tell me
Thank you Billy

NO, your Sidekick3 is use AIM log in chat chat much can eat wireless is heavy send/rec but aim is online no one chat will less or backlight set up automatic senson day light is off and night is on. you need to set must idle to sleep full off (low power) and do not leave on and on all day can eat. If you not use voice phone and data stay idle all day can more time up to 3 day. I have Sidekick 3 no problem .. If you have any problem tell me
Thank you Billy

it seem to ran out a lot and i hasnt use my sidekick3 as much..
yea, i reduce to lowest brightness, and else else..still not enough
and no i hasnt play game or go to internet (i heard using internet make u ran out batteries faster) or whatever..
i just use texts, emails, and aim that all..

what can i do!?!?!?
Thank you Billy

Back