How can I help my Aunt?

Cookie Monster said:
For each anorexic and bulimic, they can only want to help themselves. You see, people around them want to help them heal and get better but sad to say this, anorexics/bulimics have to literally hit bottom or in this case be at their skinniest in order to really want to help themselves heal. You can always give moral, physical and emotional support for those who suffer whether it be the person that is anorexic/bulimic or the family members and/or friends. Just please don't give up on them. It is always a lifelong battle with anorexia and bulimia. Once diagnosed as a physical disorder, it is now diagnosed and recognised as a mental disorder.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/problems/eat_disorder.html

Thank you, Cookie Monster for post that.

I will try that to see if its help.

I'm so sorry to hear about what your aunt is going through right now, Sweetheart. At least you're able to give comfort and emotional support to your aunt, which may not feel like a lot, but it is. Here's a :hug: for you and your dad....hang in there! You know your AD friends are here for you! :)

Piper said:
I'm so sorry to hear about what your aunt is going through right now, Sweetheart. At least you're able to give comfort and emotional support to your aunt, which may not feel like a lot, but it is. Here's a :hug: for you and your dad....hang in there! You know your AD friends are here for you! :)

Thank you, Piper.

Im giving comfort and emotional support to my aunt. I am trying to but my dad, it is very tough for him. I hope my AD friends are here for me.

I am so sorry!!!!

:angel: Dear Sweetheart, I am so very sorry about what you, dad and the rest of your family are going through during this sad time. I will pray for your Aunt, and I hope that through all the prayers of your family and your AD family, your Aunt will take the first step to recovery.
You see, my daughter in her early 20's was bulimic. She felt worthless, fat and depressed. There was nothing we could do, except be there to encourage her, motivate her and lot of prayers. Cookie Monster is right, she has to be the one to help herself. She has to make the first move in her decision to get the help she needs.
My daughter realized what she had been doing to herself, and got herself into a therapy group, but, it wasn't enough, and the therapist suggested my daughter try going into a hospital for people with disorders. So, she checked into McClain's Hospital in Cambridge, Mass. and stayed there for 10 days. Slowly she started recovering, and by the 10th day, her therapist felt she was ready to leave the hospital. Our prayers had been answered, but, we knew it would be a slow but encouraging recovery for her. The therapist suggested we don't coddle her, watch her every move, or keep asking her if she is alright. She just needed our support and encouragement. Today she is doing very well, she just moved into a new apartment in Waltham, Mass. and works full time in a restaurant, a job she really loves.
So, give your Aunt all the encouragement and prayers you can. Let her know how much you love her and need her. Let her know how much she means to her children and rest of your family.
I will prayer for you and please keep me informed on how she is doing!!! I will light a candle for you Sweetheart!!! Keep the faith!!! :hug:

Back