How are you feeling with your CI so far?

Whoosh!

Being able to hear the ice cream truck from a distance, even when you're indoors and the windows are open! :)

You have a natural-born hearing ear dog there! Love it.

That's right I love him sooo much! I'm so grateful to have him in my life!

I am almost on the waiting list for my first CI and I am so nervous about getting one.
I feel I have no choice though as it's getting more and more difficult for me to get by at work and I don't want to stop working.

Reading others' experiences is very encouraging.

It's the best decision you could ever take!! you can count on me for me any advice!
Cheers!

So what happened with that 7-8 months that you had CI before you would hear phone ringing or dog barking? What was it like?

Not at all, I was using hearing aids but they didn't work very well for my hearing loss. I barely could hear anything, the only thing I used to use for be aware of any sound was my dog...

Last edited:
Not at all, I was using hearing aids but they didn't work very well for my hearing loss. I barely could hear anything, the only thing I used to use for be aware of any sound was my dog...
Jules, did you use to have better hearing when you were younger?

I read all the positive posts. Since I am in the decision process I have one big question. Does CI surgery help with the loud brutal noises I hear 24/7. Has anyone had this experience and what was the outcome? This could be a deal breaker for me. Please help if you know the answers.

Back