HOVRS and GoAmerica Merging

Care to explain why you dont like this? I m not educated in either of these services so am not sure whether the merger is a wise idea or not? :dunno:

It is possible he is upset abotu this because goamerica is under Wyndtel (last time I checked) so if HOVRS is joining up with the evil foes, it will spell a bad one for us!

Feel free to add more, Jin!

I'd like to see how this plays out. HOVRS and GoAmerica combining forces for internet-only relay products and wireless devices could be a winner.

On the other hand, VRS services have gone down in value for quite some time and I'd really have to see how GoAmerica plans to bring HOVRS to fruition. Feels like to me that HOVRS was bleeding money so they sold their business while keeping their management intact.

Internet relay services have gone down in value as well.

GoAmerica really needs to work hard to come out a winner on this deal.

Reason I do not like GoAmerica is my experience with them that happened BEFORE the merge of Wyndtell. I purcahsed blackberry (RIM 957) from them, it was all good until the device is acting weird, the RMA was horrible, their customer service sucks. We did get through the exchange, but they claimed they did not recieve the fault device and charge $500 on the next bill. It took about more than 3 months to resolve this issue. BBB do not hold good records againist GoAmerica, and I fear it will affect HOVRS for the worse.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like HOVRS, they are one of my choices when it come to VRS Relay. I think they are doing good job, but Go America... I guess I ll wait and see how it look in few seasons.

GA and HOVRS = Good Deal!

Combining GoAmerice and their i711 IP relay service with Hands On and their VRS service is a great combo. Looks like their products are complimentary and so it could be a match made in heaven. I love the new i711 service and have always been a big users of HOVRS.

This got me by surprise too.

It got me walking around the OC-Fair building like a zombie for like an hour this morning while 3 OCDAC volunteers tried to figure out what going on with me. I really didnt know what to make of this at that time.

But I feel it could be a good move to dominate the VRS market as HOVRS could be getting a lot of fresh resources to help put a thing in Utah out of business.

And from the top of a mountain standpoint is that we could see more mergers like this as long as the VRS rates keep falling down.

Richard

Last edited:
I think its GoAmerica's attempt to recover 20 million dollars in bad debts that Wynd Comm Corp had taken out! If GoAmerica thinks they can continue to break to contract like they did in the past, they will lose even more money and COULD END UP PAY BACK TO FCC! This could get GoAmerica stink into deeper debt.

I won't even invest in GoAmerica or Wynd stock (Yes they have stocks). Wynd was famous for merging and had the deal turn sour, they never succeed from the merger.

Nesmuth said:
This got me by surprise too.

It got me walking around the OC-Fair building like a zombie for like an hour this morning while 3 OCDAC volunteers tried to figure out what going on with me. I really didnt know what to make of this at that time.

But I feel it could be a good move to dominate the VRS market as HOVRS could be getting a lot of fresh resources to help put a thing in Utah out of business.

Richard

Richard
zombie? surprised? where the hell you have been?

im laughing since this is a low level merger. hovrs is desperate to expand business after the churning lawsuit between hovrs and sorensen and cessation of brown bag reward. im sure hovrs will suffer another impact on customer service

put a thing in utah out of business? dont think so as sorensen have lots of other plans in the works, not yet public information

come on out of OCDAC dark cave.

oh one last thing, im back

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

The merger is not completed. This announcement is just that -- an announcement that there is a PLAN to merge, probably by the end of the year. This means until then, they are two separate companies, competing against each other, until their merger is approved by the FTC and SEC.

Back