Household Signalers For Deaf

Lantana

Reaction score
I am not happy with my Simplicity (Ultratec) signalers. I spent several hundred dollars on these things only to find out that they will not work appropriately on a "strip" or any kind of surge protector in the house. We live in an area where we MUST have a surge protector on our electrical devices or possibly lose them when they "fry" during a storm.

In my old condo I had Phone/TTY (trademark) signalers and I never had a problem with them, not once. But they are no longer manufactured.

What do the rest of you use for signaling devices? My Sonic Ear that is hooked to my V.P. will not work because of the faulty Ultratec Simplicity units.

:ty:

The option is an extension cord with 2 or 3 outlets and use one of the outlets for the strip and the other outlets for the simplicity. If the storm fries the simplicity devices, then we know why the simplicities are not being offered as much as they used to be in the deaf trade shows these days.

Richard

What do the rest of you use for signaling devices? My Sonic Ear that is hooked to my V.P. will not work because of the faulty Ultratec Simplicity units.

:ty:

I use the old stuff like this;

a9_1.JPG

eBay: TTY or Video Phone Call Alert Visual Light Signaler Lot (item 230049625891 end time Nov-16-06 08:30:48 PST)

And we have plenty of these devices many in almost brand new condition.

I use my OLD OLD TRUSTY Watchman signalers and recievers. I've used them my whole life..and I still do in my short 31 years. As a matter of fact, Im still using them for my VP phone ringer/flasher as well with my reciever. As for the doorbell..my dog does the trick every time. When I find that I need to buy a watchman product..I do an extensive search, and about 80% of the time, I find them brand new in discontinued sections at different website stores. I'll keep usin it until they die and its unfixable.

I use an Alertmaster 6000 with vibrating pager for the deafblind. I've had my unit for the past 11 years and it's still working like a charm. :)

These signalers are loaned from California Telephone Assistance Program and remained state property you re probably ripping off the stickers on the bottom of the signalers

We get them from distribution programs in 3 different states all of whom they ship to us their broken/used equipment.

Richard

Back