Hotel soaps and shampoo

It depends on which hotel/motel I am staying at. Sometime they will leave some good products, sometime not so much. Most of the time I always use my own stuff but I will also take it with me to bring home for any future reasons wherever or whatever it may be. It comes in handy when necessary.

I think they usually smell bad, and dry out my skin and hair. I usually travel with my own.

agree with jolie77 yes it depends where you stay...my mum steals everything, soaps, shampoos, towels, even robes if there is.... but she hands off the food in the fridge...you know the ones you pay for, or the ones they count before you check out...
weird i know

I had a friend who worked for Marriott international for a bit. If you steal their robes or towels they're cool with it... they just hit your credit card for the totals when you leave. :P

I think they usually smell bad, and dry out my skin and hair. I usually travel with my own.

exactly!!!!! I think there's loads if alcohol in their crappy products. Terrible stuff, I itch just thinking about it.

I've always bought my own, travel packs at Walmart...when I did work at a Bed & Breakfast (after retirement) as the Housekeeper...our soaps were excellent and very fragneant.(smelled good)........so were the "favors" we left on tables....and many guests never ate them...guess who did?....HAHA...
Heh, heh. We also leave a nice chocolate mint at the bed for each adult guest but they don't always eat them. Same with the fruit baskets.

We try to use spa quality or good name brand toiletries.

Fortunately, our guests don't steal the towels! :lol:

That's what I got over the weekend during a hotel stay.

Attachments

• IMG_20140331_195956.jpg
    IMG_20140331_195956.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 8
We stayed at a nice hotel in New Orleans last Dec and their shampoo and soap were made by a company that caters to spas. They were heavenly!!!

On our last day, we took all of them home to put in the RV for our next camping trip. :lol:

When I was a child I traveled a lot with my mom and adult family friends, for camping or for various conventions my mom attended; sometimes I saw my grandma who lived in Minnesota. I always loved to travel and I was always curious what kind of soaps and stuff I'd find in the bathrooms, and what the hotel or motel would be like. I tended to use the bathroom stuff cuz it was there and I was a kid, I didn't really care. During college I traveled a bit too but was a bit more cautious with using the hotel stuff because I did<do> have allergies and sensitive skin/skin reactions.

Couple times we did stay in a motel that did -not- have any soaps and stuff like that, for guests....one hotel also did not have a deadbolt lock -only chain- on the door, and the tv had three channels and was black and white. I don't recall if the phone worked. It was the only place to stay available by the time our friend with the camper <who was doing the planning> made the reservations <there was some big event going on in the city- this was in Canada>

The other motel we stayed at that didn't have any shampoo etc, was something like a Motel 6, think it was in Cairo, Ill. I remember it was a hot Summer night and we were 5 minutes from two rivers and a small levee. There were bugs in the bathroom and a cricket in the room and there was something wrong with the sink I think,,,but We didn't want to look for any other place to stay, we were tired.

Back