Hopeful Future Interpreter

BeingDanny

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm in the interpreting program, this is the start of my 3rd year of 4 training to Interpret ASL to English and vice versa. I'm a 24 year old hearing guy (hey don't fault me, I foolishly did 2 years in computers before ASL rescued me) looking to make friends in the community who share similar interests.

I've had a difficult time finding organizations and groups to be a part of that are for hobbies that are in or involve the deaf community. So I'd be very interested in hearing about any or in making friends.

Daniel

Welcome BigDan, I am still learning ASL as a beginner and going deaf since birth, Welcome to the site, there are alot of great people here.

Thanks, Mike, I look forward to it. Hopefully I will meet some fun people here who share similar interests.

Welcome to AD I just started my first semester of ASL
I also would like to enter the community but apperantly in miami it's not that big
I want to ask my ASL professor if she can host a mixer at the end of the year
That should be fun

Thank you both! A Deaf friend of mine is joining the ASL book club I'm making, so I'm very excited about that. Like me, he's an avid reader in his spare time. It will be over Oovoo, I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday nights around 9pm est for an hour, just to chat in ASL about the book, etc.

Purple, I dunno that your professor will be up for a mixer with his/her students. lol None of mine would have taken that particular bait, but it's the thought that counts?

Back