Homosexuals: Be afraid because some of your rights are going away... permanently

Vance

Reaction score
Hide the Gays

Let’s say you were a scary, evil person — just for the sake of argument. See, I know you’re not scary and evil. But let’s just say. And let’s say that you wanted to rid the world — or the country, at least — of a certain type of person. Oh, heck, let’s say gay people. Outside of taking violent action, what would you do? Why, you’d erase them from the public sphere in every way possible, that’s what you’d do. Erase their history, keep them from public service, hide them from view, or at a minimum, make sure that when they are in view, it’s not flattering. Then you’d pass constitutional amendments prohibiting these invisible people from having civil rights of nearly any kind (in much the same way you passed them while the people were visible). Congratulations, you’ve just eliminated recognition of their relationships, the legal transfer of their wealth, their legal right to adopt, why their very right to discuss their existence. Oh, goodness, you’re thinking, there she goes again, with her cute Chicken Little adventures.

Well, dearies, it’s not just my adventure anymore. Have a look see:

First thing we do, we burn the books. Rewrite history.
Rep. Gerald Allen, an Alabama lawmaker, has introduced a bill that would prohibit the use of public funds to purchase “textbooks or library materials that promote homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle.” If passed, university drama departments would no longer produce Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and libraries would have to remove copies of The Color Purple. "Public policies should prevent children from learning about these things," Allen said. What to do with objectionable material? Allen’s answer: "I'd dig a big hole and dump them in a hole and bury them."

Next thing we do, marginalize them.
How do you keep a group of people from playing a positive or meaningful role in society? Ask Jim DeMint (R-SC). While running for his South Carolina Senate seat, DeMint said that gays and lesbians should not be allowed to teach school. They’re already banned from serving openly in the military, and DeMint would take away yet another public service opportunity.

Outta sight, outta mind. Keep them off the airwaves.
Saying they’re too “controversial,” CBS and NBC will not run ads for the United Church of Christ that seek to promote tolerance and acceptance of all. The ads say in part, "… like Jesus — the United Church of Christ (UCC) seeks to welcome all people, regardless of ability, age, race, economic circumstance or sexual orientation.” The evildoers who want gay and lesbian people to go away must be thinking, “If we run ads where churches are welcoming, we might just legitimize the gays, and then we can’t burn their books.”

Burn the books. Hide the evidence. Declare it immoral and against the social order.

Source: http://www.saveroe.com/blog/index.php?date=195

[removed] I must admit that I worn out from the debate so I hold my comment off until good time. I saved it in one of documents.

Last edited:
Magatsu:

Are you a writer or something of the sorts?

I thought all about each of the things you listed. I just didn't REALLY make the connection.

no, I am not a writer. Check the source and it unfortunately does make the connection. It is up to your awareness to make the connection or not. Guardian (Europe newspaper) have a article about it and NYT soon will. It is pretty obvious...

*shrugs* it is your call because it is a matter of time. You know, I wish I can be wrong about this but I know I couldn't be wrong.

Suggest you to read and check the link in 'Next thing we do, marginalize them' section.. it reveals that republican wants to outlaw gay people from becoming the teachers and banned from teaching at schools/teachers. Based on that, I think it is pretty obvious, no?

Edit: I wonder if do you know that these 'underline' words are links? Click these and read. It will reveal much more than these comments by someone else.

There is at least 15% of teachers are homosexuals. Once that republican somehow get the law passed, what do you think what will happen to these teachers?

Last edited:
You know what I wish? I wish Government would stay out of other people's business and do their job. Their job isn't to get in other people's business the first place. :pissed:

Cheri said:
You know what I wish? I wish Government would stay out of other people's business and do their job. Their job isn't to get in other people's business the first place. :pissed:
I concur!

Liza said:
ad hominem at its finest. :)
Indeed. Indeed.

Oceanbreeze said:
Erm, ahhh, what does "Ad hominem" mean? LOL

*walks away scratching head* :dunno:
It is in latin. It means 'against the man' or 'against the human'. In other word, Liza disagreed with my statement or this article. Or probably informed me that my claim is 'false' or similar. Or... speaking of these republicans who went against homosexuals. Example:

Person X makes claim O.
Person Y makes an attack on person X.
Therefore X's claim is false.

Edit: Problem is that 'ad hominem' is too broad and have two different meanings so I am half-being sarcastic, half-agreed with Liza (I am not saying that article is false, actually it is not but it is more easier to agree with than disagree with someone else)

Last edited:
This is the sad reality of the society we now live in. Sometimes I look out into the world and feel like I don't belong in it. What the hell has created such a fearful world? I don't think homosexuality has anything to do with it, in truth. It's all about fear, and fearful people have to control and they have to have a target. The gay people are now it. It won't last, tho, we'll either destroy ourselves or change. Either way we will change.

*turns on the light bulb* ;)

Ad hominem means attacking the person rather than the argument the person is presenting. Personal attacks.

I was referring to folks who do personal attacks instead of focusing on the argument itself.

This is a good explanation of argumentum ad hominem:
http://www.datanation.com/fallacies/attack.htm

Liza said:
*turns on the light bulb* ;)

Ad hominem means attacking the person rather than the argument the person is presenting. Personal attacks.

I was referring to folks who do personal attacks instead of focusing on the argument itself.

This is a good explanation of argumentum ad hominem:
http://www.datanation.com/fallacies/attack.htm

Are you talking about my post? :Ohno:

Cheri said:
Are you talking about my post? :Ohno:
I don't think so. Liza is sneaky on that part but I gather from what she said, she was talking about people who attack on homosexuals.

Liza, thank for clearing up about ad hominem. I do know what it means but I am not sure which one you mean in your case. cheers.

Edit: This post is open for liza to correct my mistake if I make a erroneous assumption.

Last edited:
:jaw: Okok, I see I might have gotten y'all confused somehow with my post. LOL I was targeting those who talk trash about people rather than participating in the arguments without resorting to personal attacks. Especially when people trash talk gay people... grrrr. I have seen some of that going on in some forums... unfortunately. It's a real distracting tactic, personal attacks are. I guess my post was somewhat sarcastic about that... and in no way it relates to anybody's post here. :type: Thanks for asking. :) :hug:

I admit I was confused for a second there too since I haven't noticed anyone personal attacking gay people in here as far as I see it, but if you're speaking about other forums, I don't go to other forums anymore and others might not as well either, so that's pretty much why we were confused on what you were saying at the beginning....

Magatsu said:
Hide the Gays

Let’s say you were a scary, evil person — just for the sake of argument. See, I know you’re not scary and evil. But let’s just say. And let’s say that you wanted to rid the world — or the country, at least — of a certain type of person. Oh, heck, let’s say gay people. Outside of taking violent action, what would you do? Why, you’d erase them from the public sphere in every way possible, that’s what you’d do. Erase their history, keep them from public service, hide them from view, or at a minimum, make sure that when they are in view, it’s not flattering. Then you’d pass constitutional amendments prohibiting these invisible people from having civil rights of nearly any kind (in much the same way you passed them while the people were visible).

Next thing we do, marginalize them.
How do you keep a group of people from playing a positive or meaningful role in society? Ask Jim DeMint (R-SC). While running for his South Carolina Senate seat, DeMint said that gays and lesbians should not be allowed to teach school. They’re already banned from serving openly in the military, and DeMint would take away yet another public service opportunity.

These are the paragraphs taken out of context I were also referring to. I made a brief comment, which turned into further explanation :) Understand what the term means.. and how it can apply to some situations, and you will understand why I made that comment. It wasn't for any specific forum, more for the horrid behavior toward gay people in general as I understand it. Is there something else we can discuss further in PM?

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

This could apply in this situation too.

Liza said:
:jaw: Okok, I see I might have gotten y'all confused somehow with my post. LOL I was targeting those who talk trash about people rather than participating in the arguments without resorting to personal attacks. Especially when people trash talk gay people... grrrr. I have seen some of that going on in some forums... unfortunately. It's a real distracting tactic, personal attacks are. I guess my post was somewhat sarcastic about that... and in no way it relates to anybody's post here. :type: Thanks for asking. :) :hug:
I hope I made this clear in my previous post that I was joking about 'sneaky' part :/ if not, my apologizes. I was supposing to add the smiley to make it bit clear but apparently that I did not. my bad :P

DreamDeaf, I agree. I know it probably will lead to something else than just homosexuals. I wouldn't surprise.. btw, I love that quote.

It makes me furious that the stupid republicans voted for the ban against gay marragie. Why does America still have hate? From Blacks to Gays, We still have discrimination and prejudice here today. Whats wrong with you republicans? I live in ohio and of course, Gay marraige is banned and most of my brother's gay friends left and it made my brother so upset.

This quote is true:

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

Its kind of like America has to hate a certian race because we find peace and love rather boring. We always find violence and prejudice amusing. It fears me about my own future, I feel like i am born in the wrong time because America has lots of hate and predetermination. Americans are also pussies, They get scared of everything - From the Indains to Blacks to Communist and to Gays. Americans fear that Gays will effect their society - How? How can the gays effect the society while you republicans are effecting our society? The republicans find the Banning of Homosexuals rather more important than Health Care, Insurance, and Child Education. Believe me, Someday America will fall because of the republicans.

Last edited:
I remember there was a twist on that poem that included blacks, women and gays...I'm still searching for it.

However, we have seen it start to happen here again...blacks have not really risen in society as they shld have been able to ~ many still live below the poverty level and are still *second class* citizens in many areas - same as the deaf people. Can you imagine being a deaf black lesbian woman??

Even the women have not attained the same status as the white man...we still earn below the same level as a white man in the same position...bleah.

Too many biases, too many irregularties, too many prejudices...bleah.

Dont get me wrong. I love my country, but I wish the world would wise up and start getting itself straightened out.

Magatsu said:
I hope I made this clear in my previous post that I was joking about 'sneaky' part :/ if not, my apologizes. I was supposing to add the smiley to make it bit clear but apparently that I did not. my bad :P

DreamDeaf, I agree. I know it probably will lead to something else than just homosexuals. I wouldn't surprise.. btw, I love that quote.

:P Shit happens. S'ok, man. Sorry I misunderstood you there, though. I thought you meant that I was nitpicking on your post, which I wasn't. Really. ;) Teaches me to ask next time. I'm a nice gal, really! Hush, Kootchie! lol

Angel, cute avatar you got there.. just noticed it now.

DD & Nus, I heard of that passage as well. Classic. :angel:

Back