Homosexuality

Wow I didnt even know that was a gay symbol flag and thanks for giving me that information. Beautiful colours in those flag and just thought it was a rainbow colours but when u explain it i can now understand ur purpose of flying that flag. Good for you to announce to all of u of ur status and i respect you for that.

SEE! to make ppl realize!

thanks!!! :D :ty: :cool:

Proud of being a part of GLBT community. But I have NO GUTS to put a sticker of gay rainbow or symbol on my van. One day, my van could be damage pretty bad by unknown people. Why should I pay $3 sticker for $500 or more on my auto insurance for damage or not. Best safe for no stickers around my van but one sticker for regristian on license plate, that's it.

I heard few stories in Texas. Someone damaged a car with a sticker of fish (Christian). I dont know why they done dumb thing to do.

Proud of being a part of GLBT community. But I have NO GUTS to put a sticker of gay rainbow or symbol on my van. One day, my van could be damage pretty bad by unknown people. Why should I pay $3 sticker for $500 or more on my auto insurance for damage or not. Best safe for no stickers around my van but one sticker for regristian on license plate, that's it.

I heard few stories in Texas. Someone damaged a car with a sticker of fish (Christian). I dont know why they done dumb thing to do.

oh interesting... :hmm:

Here in Ohio, got plenty of gays/lesbians communities. There's so much here and even have B R A D (Buckeye Rainbow Alliance for the Deaf). Yeah, gay is very promoting. But as a bumper sticker goes, yeah, i seen, christians and also, gay/lesbians stickers.

Here in Ohio, got plenty of gays/lesbians communities. There's so much here and even have B R A D (Buckeye Rainbow Alliance for the Deaf). Yeah, gay is very promoting. But as a bumper sticker goes, yeah, i seen, christians and also, gay/lesbians stickers.

interesting..there isnt many gay/lesbian ppl around i live..damn.. oh well

lucky u!

:gpost:
Are you kidding me? Straight people flaunt the heterosexuality ALL DAY. If I go into a grocery store, there is a straight couple holding hands. If I go out to a movie, there are people kissing and putting their arms around each other. You flaunt your wedding rings and your anniversary celebrations.

When you stop voting for stupid republicans who want to outlaw gay marriage, when you start supporting candidates who are for EQUAL rights for all...then we won't NEED to have a rainbow sticker on our cars.

The fact of the matter is, because the majority of the population is straight, it is automatically assumed that people are straight--they don't have to declare it. If you want to make your sexual orientation a part of your identity, then you have to declare it.

Plus, the rainbow stickers warn the homophobics who to stay away from!:giggle:

Ok, do you ever hear straights being killed for being straight? do you ever hear straights being scolded for being straight? Do you ever hear straights being told that they cannot talk about their relationships? Do you ever hear straights being denied the right to marry?

And you complain about gays trying to fight for their visibility?

Interesting debate.... Can I share some info for the people who like rainbows??

A Gay friend once told me... and I'm quoting him on this :)

" The difference between the GLBT rainbow and the normal rainbow.. is that the gay rainbow only has 6 colors whereas the normal rainbow has 8 to 12 colors. So if you see a 6 color rainbow, it's a sign of GLBT."

That's what he told me.. Just thought I'd share that info.

personally, I don't mind if people show their pride... but I agree there are times it can be too much. I've seen a gay pride rally that went violent because of one simple question. I mean.. starting a fistfight because someone asked for information on GLBT and some websites? And no, it wasn't meant as a joke.. the person grew up really sheltered.. so he had no idea about GLBT.

Ok, do you ever hear straights being killed for being straight? do you ever hear straights being scolded for being straight? Do you ever hear straights being told that they cannot talk about their relationships? Do you ever hear straights being denied the right to marry?

And you complain about gays trying to fight for their visibility?

There's sooooo too many conservative people are from suburb in over USA except for LA metro, some area in CA, Honolulu metro and other several area that is more liberal.

Are you kidding me? Straight people flaunt the heterosexuality ALL DAY. If I go into a grocery store, there is a straight couple holding hands. If I go out to a movie, there are people kissing and putting their arms around each other. You flaunt your wedding rings and your anniversary celebrations.

in the 50's even heterosexuals considered kissing in public was wrong. And if you caught living with a boyfriend, you would considered as a whore. I know one a person who was forced to hide in a closet whenever a visitor came over because her mother and her grandmother did not want people know that her mother got pregnant out of wedlock. People still have that attitude about people who get pregnant out of wedlock or live with a boyfriend. I have heard over and over how family members will judge harshly over their son or daughters having sex or living together. So if gay think they are the only one with problems, they are wrong. I think the real issue is that straight men feel threatened to fact that every bathroom they go to, there might be a gay man looking at him lustfully. How many women would not mind if straight men (or opposite sex rather they are gay or straight) share the same public restroom with them? I bet none of them do. So in a way, it really isn't fair for straight men and women are forced share restrooms, dorms, or wherever their body could be exposed to homosexuals.

And I still think it is gross to watch straight couple kissing. Yuck! I remember seeing a couple (a man and a woman) on my school bus kissing for hours and I wanted to tell them to get a room.

Sometimes a couple's sexuality is exposed rather they want to or not if they got pregnant. When I was pregnant, I was embrassed to face the fact that everyone knows that I have been having sex. :eek3:

in the 50's even heterosexuals considered kissing in public was wrong. And if you caught living with a boyfriend, you would considered as a whore. I know one a person who was forced to hide in a closet whenever a visitor came over because her mother and her grandmother did not want people know that her mother got pregnant out of wedlock. People still have that attitude about people who get pregnant out of wedlock or live with a boyfriend. I have heard over and over how family members will judge harshly over their son or daughters having sex or living together. So if gay think they are the only one with problems, they are wrong. I think the real issue is that straight men feel threatened to fact that every bathroom they go to, there might be a gay man looking at him lustfully. How many women would not mind if straight men (or opposite sex rather they are gay or straight) share the same public restroom with them? I bet none of them do. So in a way, it really isn't fair for straight men and women are forced share restrooms, dorms, or wherever their body could be exposed to homosexuals.

And I still think it is gross to watch straight couple kissing. Yuck! I remember seeing a couple (a man and a woman) on my school bus kissing for hours and I wanted to tell them to get a room.

Sometimes a couple's sexuality is exposed rather they want to or not if they got pregnant. When I was pregnant, I was embrassed to face the fact that everyone knows that I have been having sex. :eek3:

i went to deaf school, there is dorm in there and i'm day student but i stay there for one night cuz of dance party at night.. i went to shower.. all my deaf guys friend dont care if ppl are gay (as myself is gay) as long i respect their space and they respect my space and :blah:.. we will be fine..

i'm sure there is homo ppl respect u and another ppl..

u just worry too much

Your post spoke in volumes about three things: fear, shame, and repressed sexuality.

Straight men feel threatened because every bathroom they go in, gay men are going to look at them lustfully? Are you kidding me? When I go to the restroom, I am there to take a crap, take a piss, or wash my hands. End of story. Why is it that gay people can't do ANYTHING without someone thinking that we're on the prowl? That is your neurosis at work, not our problem.

Are you suggesting there be different bathrooms for gay and straight people? Or perhaps gay people don't deserve to use public restroom facilities at all. Better we use our own toilets at home, and leave the public facilities to you poor defenseless straight people, huh? Gimme a break, that's just silly.

Yes, it's true, gay people admire members of their own sex, just as straight people admire members of the opposite sex. There's such a thing as propriety, however. Just because I might find someone attractive, doesn't mean that I'm going to jump his bones the moment he stands next to me at a public urinal. You must watch too much Queer As Folk.

(And for the record, my experience has been that some guys - regardless of their sexuality - check one another out from time to time. This mostly happened a lot during junior high and high school, when everyone was trying to see how they "measured up". This doesn't seem much different to me than women comparing their chests to one another.)

I'm sorry that watching straight people kissing distresses you so much. Again, that's your problem. The only problem I have with it is that I wish gay people had the freedom to do it, too. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with two people in love expressing their feelings for one another by kissing one another in public. Sure, there's such a thing as public lewdness, and it can certainly go too far... but just kissng? What is it about it that bothers you?

You were embarassed to be seen in public when pregnant because people then knew that you'd had sex? Good grief! Again, that's your personal shame at work. Sex is natural, and is nothing to be ashamed of. My guess is you were brought up to think that sex was bad? Be thankful that you're able to have children!

VamPyroX, you might consider examining just why this bothers you so much. On the surface, it seems irrational and petty.

Our nation is chock FULL of people who express personal pride in their everyday lives... whether they're wearing t-shirts proclaiming their support for a particular political candidate (or party), sporting bumper stickers to that effect, putting signs up in their yard (or apartment windows) proclaiming their support... to people with the "Christian fish" symbol or "What Would Jesus Do?" bumper stickers on their vehicles, to anti (and pro) abortion bumper stickers, to "My Child is an Honor Roll student at XYZ High School" bumper stickers, to "I Love My Pet Schnauzer" bumper stickers, to Italian-Americans wearing t-shirts proclaiming "Italians Do It Better", to "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" sweatshirts, etc.

Get the point? While it's QUITE obvious that some foes of the homosexual community in our country (yourself included?) would seem to want to "keep gays in their place" by inhibiting their ability to have pride in who they are, I'm sorry to tell them (and you) that there's such a thing in this country as freedom of speech, which is the concept of the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly without fear of censorship or punishment.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution says that Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of "speech." Note that the document uses the word "speech," although a long succession of court decisions has expanded this concept far beyond ordinary verbal communication. Protected expression now includes such non-verbal expression as wearing a symbol on one's clothing, dance movements, and a silent candlelight vigil.

My question to you is: why is that form of expression any more threatening to you that any of the ones I mentioned above? Why are gays and lesbians any less deserving of that basic human right that is the birthright of every other citizen of this nation?

If the parades bother you, don't watch them. But that's the simple solution. Getting to the root of just WHY it bothers you so much is likely a more difficult journey of self-discovery. Well, take it from someone who knows: self-discovery is oftentimes not easy, but it's worth it.

Whew! Does this mean its okay to wear my I'm proud to be Irish t shirt on St. Paddy's Day?:dunno:

Back