Homophobia / Gay as Choice

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
right but I'm just saying that whoever you hang out with, u will never know if they are gay, bi, lesbian, straigh, heterosexual, etc unless they are very open to tell u about themselves otherwise they wouldn't want to and just keep it as a secret but just being friends and all...
Well there was one guy I know at school who was gay...because that of his behavior...he doesn't dress gay, but he acts kind of girly and talks girly too so that's when my other friends told me that he is actually gay so i wasn't really surprised that he is anyway...so you know, if you are gay, you proably would act abit "girlish" or whatever, it's just part of your "culture" i guess so seriously, i have nothing against that...so...that's just how i notice when some ppl act alittle more than they should act you know?

I use to be a "homophobe". There is a reason for that and only a few people know (some are bi or gay). They say it was a good reason to be. But now, I have opened up. Yes, I am still lil nervous around gay guys, but I do have gay and bi friends. They know that I don't do guys and we are cool.

I feel that a lot of people miss this point.
I don't think that gay and lesbian people necessarily ask their straight friends or family to approve their lifestyles or to accept it. The only things that gay and lesbian people ask for are respect and non-judgement. Respect doesn't mean accepting something, but rather to "leave" the people alone and not harass them with your beliefs. We don't judge you for being straight, so why are we constantly judged for being gay/lesbian? That is where the word "homophobia" comes in.

I do remmy I saw sticker on car. It said "Homophobia is a social disease."

Originally posted by prostock19
I use to be a "homophobe". There is a reason for that and only a few people know (some are bi or gay). They say it was a good reason to be. But now, I have opened up. Yes, I am still lil nervous around gay guys, but I do have gay and bi friends. They know that I don't do guys and we are cool.
Yep the gay guy I was telling about, NEVER hit on me, stare at me, or anything like that...just respect me as a regualr person so I respect him but of course, I was still alittle nervous being with him because you never know what would happen next...so that's what i'm saying

Originally posted by kuifje75
I don't think that gay and lesbian people necessarily ask their straight friends or family to approve their lifestyles or to accept it. The only things that gay and lesbian people ask for are respect and non-judgement. Respect doesn't mean accepting something, but rather to "leave" the people alone and not harass them with your beliefs. We don't judge you for being straight, so why are we constantly judged for being gay/lesbian? That is where the word "homophobia" comes in.
sorry you know there would always be some "good" people and some "bad" people...

Originally posted by Steel
sorry you know there would always be some "good" people and some "bad" people...

And you mean to say that gay and lesbian people are bad? :roll:

And you mean to say that gay and lesbian people are bad? :roll:
NNNNNNOOOOO! I'm saying that there are "good" people who would just respect you and accept who you are, and some "bad" people who refuse to accept who you are, and would still treat you like shit because you are gay and all...get it?

NNNNNNOOOOO! I'm saying that there are "good" people who would just respect you and accept who you are, and some "bad" people who refuse to accept who you are, and would still treat you like shit because you are gay and all...get it?

Ok thanks for clearing that up, Steel.

I agree with you, but keep in mind that people often call straight people a homophobic. The term "homophobic" are being misused to degrade straight people.

Originally posted by Justin Sane
God created rectum as output not input.
God would still accept people who are homosexual and God would understand because he loves them as he loves the straight people and he doesn't care that everyone is different anyway

(now i feel funny for being TOO mature...)

Well there was one guy I know at school who was gay...because that of his behavior...he doesn't dress gay, but he acts kind of girly and talks girly too so that's when my other friends told me that he is actually gay so i wasn't really surprised that he is anyway...so you know, if you are gay, you proably would act abit "girlish" or whatever, it's just part of your "culture" i guess so seriously, i have nothing against that...so...that's just how i notice when some ppl act alittle more than they should act you know?
Not all gay act girlish or anything... It's their life of what they show themselves... I just act normally and most people don't noticed unless they ask... U don't need to worry about one of ur friend being gay because he will just chat with u, etc that all but if he start to bother you and u can tell him to back off and don't do it anymore and he should and ought to respect you... I don't make any move on any strangers or anyone until I know them well and if they like same sexes then I'll go further than that but otherwise no and I prefer to respect everyone...

That can be directed to straight people who likes anal sex too.

Yep, thats for straight people too. I find anal sex very disgusting.

God would still accept people who are homosexual and God would understand because he loves them as he loves the straight people and he doesn't care that everyone is different anyway

(now i feel funny for being TOO mature...)

Yes God will accept them, but its still a sin.

"Jesus loves you"
John 3:16

That is a good verse that proves he loves us all no matter what. But Justin Sane was trying to say that people misuse the word "homophobic"

They have right to expression their feeling about homophobia.

Homophobia cause increase more hate crimes and discrimation.

Really, gay and lesbian are HUMAN BEING. Same to hetrosexual.

Not only gay/lesbian have own choice about sex. Look at some religions for control people's sexuality life not their choice.

Back