Homemade Coffee Snobs

^^ LMAO. Yeah, who would have thought it took skill to pour a cup of coffee. Now I want to kick some Italian's ass for inventing lattes and making this shit complicated. Maybe I should kick my own ass :hmm:

I don't have a thermometer, yet . . . I guess I'll have to get one now so I can be as big a failure as you. lol

I'm sad that I missed a huge international barista competition in NYC few months ago :mad2:

I didn't know about it till my dad showed me NY Times article about it. I'll have to find it. It's fascinating about how meticulous they are.

Think I figured out how to froth the milk. Trick is to have the tip just barely into the milk so that it pulls in a lot of air. Have to slowly move tip down as you do this in order to keep it in right position. That will create a lot of foam on top of the milk. next thing to do is to whirlpool the entire contents so that it all mixes together. This video helped me: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANl3ChUlNE0]Bellman CX-25 Steaming Demonstration - YouTube[/ame]

That espresso maker/steamer is the same that I have. It's great. I really like it. If you're considering an upgrade from your moka pot, I'd go for it. It's 10 times better than moka pot.

This is a public service announcement: steamed/foamed skim milk sucks in espresso. I'm out of regular milk and don't feel like going to store, so I dipped a little into my roommate's milk, which happens to be skim (I really hope he's not reading this. Lol). It froth's easily, but very difficult to get microfoam.

Overall verdict: SUCKS. What a waste of a good espresso pull. Oh well.

This is a public service announcement: steamed/foamed skim milk sucks in espresso. I'm out of regular milk and don't feel like going to store, so I dipped a little into my roommate's milk, which happens to be skim (I really hope he's not reading this. Lol). It froth's easily, but very difficult to get microfoam.

Overall verdict: SUCKS. What a waste of a good espresso pull. Oh well.

oh no no - you don't use regular milk for frothing. actually you can but I don't think barista does that. using low-fat milk does make it easier. you can try experimenting with bunch of other milk and find one suitable to your tasting. 50/50, low-fat, 2%, so on.

make sure your milk is COLD. REAL COLD.

if you want a "lazy man coffee machine"... get Nespresso Pixie. You can try its sample at stores. Its coffee is fantastic too.

The Lattissima Plus is much better, Cappuccino and Latte and the touch of a button, cleaning by the press of a button. Pods are $0.68 each but the quality is the same (or better) than most coffee shops. I just "upgraded" from the Premium to the Plus. :)

The Lattissima Plus is much better, Cappuccino and Latte and the touch of a button, cleaning by the press of a button. Pods are $0.68 each but the quality is the same (or better) than most coffee shops. I just "upgraded" from the Premium to the Plus. :)

lol nice. Lattissma is $$$$ though. Pixie is good too and affordable for Average Joe seeking better than decent coffee.

FYI ya'all - both Lattissima and Pixie are same brand - Nespresso.

lol nice. Lattissma is $$$$ though. Pixie is good too and affordable for Average Joe seeking better than decent coffee.

FYI ya'all - both Lattissima and Pixie are same brand - Nespresso.

The Plus was $479 with $100 cashback so $379, that is awesome for the automation. I must admit the Premium was $849 some years ago but it has earned its money as I don't buy coffee out anymore, saving at least $5 per day over its lifetime. The Plus makes hotter drinks and the steamed milk is slightly better. I love it, can you tell? :giggle:

I'm not in this for the caffeine or even just the taste of espresso. I enjoy the art of preparation. I've gone to great pains to make this process as painful and complicated as possible for me. Don't tell me to fuck it up now. :)

I'm not in this for the caffeine or even just the taste of espresso. I enjoy the art of preparation. I've gone to great pains to make this process as painful and complicated as possible for me. Don't tell me to fuck it up now. :)

Somebody needs to write "The Zen of Coffee-Making." ;)

Yeah fair enough, you people are purists and while I admire the results could not spend the time doing it. :aw:

Yeah fair enough, you people are purists and while I admire the results could not spend the time doing it. :aw:

Ahem "you people." YOU PEOPLE?

You sir, are an anti-barristite! How long must my people be persecuted for their beliefs!

Good day, sir!

;)

the baachi seems alot of work...just as much as french pressing (i used that too) and also used a older-than-mokka , no idea what its called..but its stove top and it made great coffees...in the years when i didnt know squat....my flatmates were into it...

I can't drink regular coffee any more , I have to make my coffee half decaf and half regular . I get horrible heartburn . I miss drinking regular coffee .

the baachi seems alot of work...just as much as french pressing (i used that too) and also used a older-than-mokka , no idea what its called..but its stove top and it made great coffees...in the years when i didnt know squat....my flatmates were into it...

Yeah, but what you get is top notch espresso crema. It's not coffee or weak moka expresso. It's the real deal.

BTW, Grum, an Australian put out a little device called the OTTO. Similar to Baachi, but not as many BARs of pressure. Have you heard of it? I don't know if it's available in the States. The Baachi isn't.

Holy moly....

I thought I was a bit snobbish when it comes to coffee, but, jeez, you guys (TWA and jiro) make me look like a humble monk.

humble.jpg

Wirelessly posted

Daredevel7 said:
Holy moly....

I thought I was a bit snobbish when it comes to coffee, but, jeez, you guys (TWA and jiro) make me look like a humble monk.

humble.jpg

Yeah, and? This is the coffee SNOB thread, as opposed to the coffee semi-snob thread. :lol:

Dear Alex,

Probably Dunkin Donuts Mocha Mint made in a Mr Coffee would not meet your standards, but it makes the house smell good.

Kraft also now produces Mint bits it a little jar.

Love,
Bottesini

(Applying my new found knowledge of epistolary form. :) )

Yeah, but what you get is top notch espresso crema. It's not coffee or weak moka expresso. It's the real deal.

BTW, Grum, an Australian put out a little device called the OTTO. Similar to Baachi, but not as many BARs of pressure. Have you heard of it? I don't know if it's available in the States. The Baachi isn't.

well, great ... had a look...looks fantastic but HOLY SHIT it AUD 799, and in NZ it'd be close to a THOUSAND BUCKS....
i'f have to burgle a millionaires' place and get bitten by dobermanns in process...NO WAY...maybe maybe id ask my brother if he knows anyone in coffee industry for contact, doubtful though ...and id check i trademe - NZ's version of ebay...

i did a fake purchase and back off closed the page, its 900 AUD...scary..
ottopricestonz.jpg

Back