Homeless guy...

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Went to the store with my grandson today... this fellow was sitting outside in the hot sun. My grandson told me that he was deaf and stayed around the area a lot...he was homeless. I did talk to him and gave him a few dollars...he said he lost his ID, birth certificate, etc. Told him where to go to get his ID, etc. Said he had no family and people were good to him, giving him food at times...Really feel bad for those homeless people in the hot sun with no place to go.

That was so nice you tried to help. I did the same a few years ago. All I had was like 3 dollars in cash so it was all I could give.

I see Homeless People pretty much on a regular basis...Not so much for the deaf people. But one Lady did and is posting on FB that she's Homeless with her small dog, driving/living in her car. She said she did get SSI, but used that "to pay bills and storage fees for her things"....Refuses to go to a Shelter (she lives in Idaho) because of their very strict rules and won't allow her dog in there.....Also saying the Shelters "have no respect for deaf people"....
She says that GoFundMe won't allow her to ask for funds...so now asking people to pay with "Play it Forward" or something like that...
I suggested to her to sell her car and sell her things in storage and get a Room...with her SSI. I'm sure she could afford a room to live in....feel that makes better common sense. But 2nd thought is: she wants the $$ from people.

I see Homeless People pretty much on a regular basis...Not so much for the deaf people. But one Lady did and is posting on FB that she's Homeless with her small dog, driving/living in her car. She said she did get SSI, but used that "to pay bills and storage fees for her things"....Refuses to go to a Shelter (she lives in Idaho) because of their very strict rules and won't allow her dog in there.....Also saying the Shelters "have no respect for deaf people"....
She says that GoFundMe won't allow her to ask for funds...so now asking people to pay with "Play it Forward" or something like that...
I suggested to her to sell her car and sell her things in storage and get a Room...with her SSI. I'm sure she could afford a room to live in....feel that makes better common sense. But 2nd thought is: she wants the $$ from people.
I always wonder that too, is it a ploy for money. My husband got a man a burger once and the man threw it way and said he had already eaten and wanted money ...needless to say we didn't help him again , he hangs out in the same spot . My husband said it's like job , he gets up everyday and pan handles... but I am glad you helped the man in your town. They aren't all scammers, we've all been down on your luck before, I am sure he was thankful for the time you took on him

Back