Home security

Rom

Reaction score
So last year, before I got my hearing aids, I was alone in my house in my living room for the evening, parents and my little bork of dog were out. They all come home asking me what I did to the back door to wreck it. I never touched the back door, I say, and they show it to me. Clearly someone had attempted to break in. Door was bent to hell and the paint and handle were ripped off in some areas. Now i'm nervous in case anything happens and I don't hear it, lol.

Wow that is scary! I'm glad you are ok. I hope that there is security alarm for the deaf out there.

Wow that is scary! I'm glad you are ok. I hope that there is security alarm for the deaf out there.

I;m on the hunt for one. I am not trusting that again lol. And here I thought my little town of 600 was safe!

I just had to board up a patio door on Monday night after a house I take care of was burglarized. The tenant went out for only 40 minutes and in that time someone pulled into his driveway, went into the backyard broke the patio door and tossed the house. They got his wives jewelry and that was all they took. The thieves made a big mistake because they cut themselves on the patio door and left a fair amount of blood at the scene, so the police now have their DNA. The tenant also put flyers on all the neighbors houses and today one came over and told him he saw a older Ford brown and white pickup in the driveway on Monday afternoon around 3:15 which was when the house was burglarized. The police told him to leave a TV or radio on as well as a light when they aren't home and to pull the car out of the garage early in the morning and keep the garage door closed, that way anyone trying to get in won't know if someone else is home.

You can install cameras outside of the doors. We have them (although not using them right now) that can upload video feed to your laptops/computers/phones. There's sound detectors (similar to a baby monitor) that can flash if there's sound going on. Just some ideas. The sound monitors you can find online, I'm sorry I don't recall the brand so I can't give more precise info, the cameras you can find at any electronics store.

AlleyCat, turn yours on so we can see the deer...especially the fawns in a couple of months or so........

@Tousi, just a friendly/helpful tip..type the members name with an @ before it, example: @AlleyCat , that way, the member will get a notification that someone tagged/mentioned them with a link to the specific threat/post.

You can install cameras outside of the doors. We have them (although not using them right now) that can upload video feed to your laptops/computers/phones. There's sound detectors (similar to a baby monitor) that can flash if there's sound going on. Just some ideas. The sound monitors you can find online, I'm sorry I don't recall the brand so I can't give more precise info, the cameras you can find at any electronics store.
Just make sure the hard drive is somewhere the crooks can't find it like in the attic or under the house. They will look for it if they see camera's and if they find it will either put it in the tub full of water or take it with them.

Just make sure the hard drive is somewhere the crooks can't find it like in the attic or under the house. They will look for it if they see camera's and if they find it will either put it in the tub full of water or take it with them.
More and more security systems rely on cloud storage. No matter what happen in the house, like fire or flood. Still get a clean video in the cloud.

Back