home security system

Chuck

Reaction score
Hi, is there a home security system that would alert me if someone is on the property? I have seen motion sensors and such but what if Im sleeping? Is there an alarm that would flash a light in my house or even better, shake the bed if im sleeping?

:hmm:

Yes, it's called a dog. You can train a dog to wake you up in your bed.

No, my dogs alert me whenever they hear a noise outside. Sometimes, it's only a possum or other little critter. That's the downside to canine alarm system. lol

No, my dogs alert me whenever they hear a noise outside. Sometimes, it's only a possum or other little critter. That's the downside to canine alarm system. lol

Ohhhh, boy, I know; same with us. :P

I agree that dogs are the perfect alarm. They never let anything get by them.

Speaking of doggies, and if you wish, I am Tousi43 over at You Tube. I think it is the only installation we have there but it is about a minute's worth of our small house dog being alert to a cat on our front lawn. :D

Speaking of doggies, and if you wish, I am Tousi43 over at You Tube. I think it is the only installation we have there but it is about a minute's worth of our small house dog being alert to a cat on our front lawn. :D

He is so cute! But he needs a window seat to see out better. :lol:

Plus the companionship and the snuggles a dog provides! :aw:

He is so cute! But he needs a window seat to see out better. :lol:

Ah, but he does; it is just that, in this episode, he was all over the place and is quite the jumper.

P,S. Personally, I like big dogs and outside; this one you saw in the video, Oscar, initially was my wife's idea but he has since more than grown on me.

Last edited:
What kind of small dog is good to train for this? Chihuahua? lol.... It would be hard with a dog, since I live in a guest house. There is kids in the backyard of the house in front of me. So the dog would alert me everytime the kids go play? lol....

I have a G27 home security system. I've never had to use it, YET!

I dont want a gun on the property

What kind of small dog is good to train for this? Chihuahua? lol.... It would be hard with a dog, since I live in a guest house. There is kids in the backyard of the house in front of me. So the dog would alert me everytime the kids go play? lol....
any dog. they're all yappy lil' shit anyway :lol:

I dont want a gun on the property
good idea

Check out Krown Mfg........They have an alarm clock with bed shaker and sell sensors that report to the clock that will shake if the fire alarm or intrusion alarm go off. I just got one a couple of weeks ago.

Back