Holy crap! this site is still up and going?!

Reaction score
Hi guys... I'm Kandace aka Kizzy. I'm deaf Oregonian. I thought I'd come back to this and try see if I can find any Texas social group where I can talk to some people about Texas, job wise, living expense, etc etc.

My sister moved to Texas in June.... I'm tempted to move to Texas to be close with her, and start over with my life. New scenery...

I grew up in Oregon.... so I haven't really left Oregon for more than a year. It often last 3-6 months, I'd come back to my home state. Heh so.... message me if you want... I'm not sure about putting my email here. but I'll try to check back on here.

We have gone to Roseburg yearly for close to the past 25 years.....

Having family who lives in both states, I would stay in OR and just visit TX in the early spring, avoid the other times of the year.

Well, you will have to learn to get used to brutal and wild Texas weather here if you move here.

Property Tax in Texas is so high. You can get a discount if you become 60 or 65 year old. I don't know exactly age. I don't think it is worth owning your own house if you retire in Texas. It's freaking high.

Well, you will have to learn to get used to brutal and wild Texas weather here if you move here.
I am hoping we don't have a winter like we had a couple of years back ,we had got 7 ft. snow banks in our back yard and it got until June for the snow to melt at snow farm.
We had to dump snow into the ocean and the snow was from the roads . :(

Back