'Hollywood' sign gone in three weeks...

Wow...talk about greed! The sign is an American legend..leave it alone.

Its a Hollywood landmark, they need to keep it! Good thing you took a pic of it maybe, the last time :(

That's almost unbelievable. I hope they save it.

You would think with all the millions made by hollywood actors raising 12 million would be easy. I guess it is greed.

If the people of LA really want to save it... they could have of.

Guessing it's going the way of my hometown's landmark water tower-- to be turned into a condo or a restaurant. :|

They're only 3 million dollars away... so they may make it. It's an American icon. It used to be Hollywoodland until a fire destroyed it decades ago, then it fell into disrepair until the 1970s. They restored it then.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lMmqC55G7c]YouTube - Cloverfield: Chaos in California - FX cut[/ame]

Watch for it....near the end of the clip.

heh heh...

Here's another one...even better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnclPzwdKUE]YouTube - Boom![/ame]

That's pretty sad if Hollywood sign landmark is gone. I do remember seeing it for the first time when I was 12 years old visiting California.

I hope they will save it.

I live in Southern California and would like to save the sign but I don't have any money to help... I'm $3,000 in medical debt. I think the Actors and directors of Hollywood should help out for it. They make millions per year for some it's per month, I'm sure if each donated at least $50k they could easily finish up the last 3 million in no time. (That's with only 20 actors...) Politics and greed...pathetic

A typical immenent domain issue. Democrats believe that land can be taken away from someone for the better good of society.

I live in Southern California and would like to save the sign but I don't have any money to help... I'm $3,000 in medical debt. I think the Actors and directors of Hollywood should help out for it. They make millions per year for some it's per month, I'm sure if each donated at least $50k they could easily finish up the last 3 million in no time. (That's with only 20 actors...) Politics and greed...pathetic

I live in Socal too, its a shame they want to remove this historical landmark:(

I'm not worried. Someone with deep pockets will step in to save the sign and will be an anonymous donor. The real estate company is doing this to simply get people to notice and buy the land they cannot sell for a ridiculous price.

I'm not worried. Someone with deep pockets will step in to save the sign and will be an anonymous donor. The real estate company is doing this to simply get people to notice and buy the land they cannot sell for a ridiculous price.

You'd be surprised.

My mom sold a small plot of land in Beverly hills .. I'd say.. 1/8 of an acre.. for 1.25mil in two days.

Back