Holidays make pets go nuts?

undecisivegurl

Reaction score
Ever since my family put up our christmas tree up, my cat has gone crazy! He keeps taking the ornaments off the tree and playing with them... Also biting on the christmas light's cords... OMG what should I do.. Hes like nuts.. lol... Oh well... Does anyone have some crazy holiday stories about their pets? :)

undecisivegurl said:
Ever since my family put up our christmas tree up, my cat has gone crazy! He keeps taking the ornaments off the tree and playing with them... Also biting on the christmas light's cords... OMG what should I do.. Hes like nuts.. lol... Oh well... Does anyone have some crazy holiday stories about their pets? :)

We are having the same problem with one of the cats, the tree had to be re-decorated several times in the last week alone. We're this close to killing the cat.

One time many years ago, my cat who was only about 7 or 8 months old kept playing with ornaments and climbing up the christmas tree! One day I noticed that the christmas tree was shaking, so I knew it was my cat. I said Tiger!! very firmly and he climbed down the tree very fast and zoomed into other room. I decided then to put ornaments higher up and put balloons under the tree because I knew the cat was afraid of the balloons. The following year in December, I put tree back up (without balloons underneath) and the cat just sat under the tree and slept under it. I kept the breakable ornaments higher up and unbreakable ornaments in lower section of the tree. I keep eye on Tiger to make sure he does not play with them, but when he starts to play, I say with firm voice "Tiger" and he would stop. Problem solved :thumb:

Banjo said:
We're this close to killing the cat.
If you kill the cat your neighbor will call the ASPCA and the police will arrest you and youll spend time with your cellmate BIG BUBBA.

cool story you have my cat always sleep under the xmas tree she don;t do any thing just sleep under

ravensteve1961 said:
If you kill the cat your neighbor will call the ASPCA and the police will arrest you and youll spend time with your cellmate BIG BUBBA.

For your information, it was sacarsm. I know Big Bubba, and he owes me a favour. So my ass is safe.

Oh, yeah!! If you have pets, especially cats, don't put tinsel on your Christmas tree!! They love to eat them, and when they do eat them, you'll find one end of the tinsel hanging from the mouth and the other end hanging out of its ass.

Time to FLOSS! ;)

Guess you'll have to do what my mother-in-law used to do, hang the tree up from the ceiling. ;)

Deaf258 said:
Oh, yeah!! If you have pets, especially cats, don't put tinsel on your Christmas tree!! They love to eat them, and when they do eat them, you'll find one end of the tinsel hanging from the mouth and the other end hanging out of its ass.

Time to FLOSS! ;)

:laugh2: :barf:

Guess

I Guess It Makes Them Ornery And Jealosy Becuz Evrybody Is Busy Becuz Of Christmas They Hate That. Dont You Think Ladies. :d

Guess

I Guess It Makes Them Ornery And Jealosy Becuz Evrybody Is Busy Becuz Of Christmas They Hate That. Dont You Think Ladies. :d :d

ROFL!!! You peeps are hilarious.. I love the tinsel.. Did that happen really? That would be so funny if it did.. heheehe... My cat still hates the tree.. he's weird... I think he's starting to get bored with it though.. Not playing with it as much.. ehhe... More like lying down next to it and staring at it.. that's good as long he looks but not touch! lol... ;)

when my puppy tommy has his first xmas and he hate tree and gifts tht has wraps on it.. he keep chew wraps off and make alot mess in living room.. every xmas we has to hide gift until xmas eve.. :squint:

Not every holiday -- but when a lightning and thunderstorm are around...I've lost a dog from that...the family dog got hit by a car when fireworks were going off. :(

Welcome to the wonderful world of cat ownership. We skipped a tree last year because we had 2 kittens. They are older now, but we have a new kitten who I know will be a problem with the tree this year.

put balloons under the tree because I knew the cat was afraid of the balloons.

We used this method to keep them off the kitchen counters and it worked...I totally didn't think of this for the tree. I'm going to give it a shot and hopefully have the same results. Thanks for the tip.

undecisivegurl said:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

That reminds me of my 2 cats, Named Thrasher and Panther. Yeah those names sound like they are A.D.D. or just plain wild. I cant wait to decorate my tree because Panther would constantly glide under the tree like a happiest cat in the world and it warms up my heart watching her. However, There is Thrasher :crazy: I named her Thrasher since she is so fucking wild. She would destroy the tree and have her weapons of mass destruction (claws) to strach up the decorations and the tree bark. I would slap her silly or spray her with water to scare her away... But Thrasher still fucks up the tree passionally. I love thrasher to death.

Nusentinsaino said:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

That reminds me of my 2 cats, Named Thrasher and Panther. Yeah those names sound like they are A.D.D. or just plain wild. I cant wait to decorate my tree because Panther would constantly glide under the tree like a happiest cat in the world and it warms up my heart watching her. However, There is Thrasher :crazy: I named her Thrasher since she is so fucking wild. She would destroy the tree and have her weapons of mass destruction (claws) to strach up the decorations and the tree bark. I would slap her silly or spray her with water to scare her away... But Thrasher still fucks up the tree passionally. I love thrasher to death.

:lol: :laugh2:
Thats a very funny story... I know what you mean about the evil cats but their so loving... I cant help to forgive them easy... Even though if they burn the house down I would still love them hehe.. :)

*laughing*....funni stories here, I understand how you guys feel , I have the same problem here too with my two cats but one of them is sooooooooooooo WILD when it comes to our real Christmas tree, Roadrunner and I went to the pet store and got a Pet Organics spray that keeps cats away from things you don't want the cat to mess around, well it didnt work so we went back to the pet store and got another one and even asked the sale lady questions, she told us to buy this Boundary spray cause she has 7 cats and she sprayed all around the things she don't want her cats to mess around even her Christmas tree, ever since she had sprayed all around her house, she never had a problem again with her cats, so Roadrunner and I looked at eachother and said WE will buy it LOL....

Once we got home, Roadrunner sprayed this Boundary stuff ( that helps keep cats and dogs away and that stuff really does STINK!!!) on our real Christmas Tree , ever since that night the cats never bothered it again, it's been going on for a week now and the cats hasn't mess with the tree or other things that we don't want them to play with or be near it....

If I were you, I would buy that BOUNDARY Spray , it really does WORK!!!!

Back