Holiday

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm off on holiday on saturday! My mum booked it impulsively today! Going to Benidorm, Spain for a week wont be on AllDeaf for a while!

Have fun!

Us Brits say holidays instead of vacation... (don't ask why ;-)

Have great time

I was in Austria for 2 weeks, came back last Sat. Had great time skiing.

Is your mum trying to get rid of you around the house? :giggle:

I wish my mum would do the same, I'd love a holiday too! Spain, :hmm: do you know how to sign/speak Spanish? :lol:

Im goin with my mum and my sister

no i cant speak spanish, im sure we'll get a phrase book soon

:D Wow lucky you! I'm going to Barcelona for Easter... Can't wait :D

Enjoy your vacation!

JamieLynn

Wow... Lucky, lucky, lucky you, Deafteen90!
I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip with your mother and your sister! Let us know how trip went? :)

Im goin with my mum and my sister

no i cant speak spanish, im sure we'll get a phrase book soon

Is it your first time to visit Spain?

If yes, you do not need to learn anything because English speaking is very popular in Spain.

Wish you a great time and have fun... :D

Fair enough but answer me this: what do you call it when it's an actual holiday, like Christmas?

We still call it holiday, but with event added to it, Christmas holidays, bank holiday monday, Easter holiday, so on. School holidays are called Half term (mid term break) and "season" holiday (end of term to new term) such as summer holiday, christmas holidays.

We still call it holiday, but with event added to it, Christmas holidays, bank holiday monday, Easter holiday, so on. School holidays are called Half term (mid term break) and "season" holiday (end of term to new term) such as summer holiday, christmas holidays.

I see. So...what if one decides to take an actual holiday during Christmas holiday? I'm making myself confused just phrasing the question.:scratch:

To the OP: sorry for going off topic. I'm just a dim yank asking asinine questions.

Umm... Christmas holiday is holiday obviously But if i were to take holiday for xmas I would add my holiday to xmas holiday, We get few days off depending to business, some have xmas eve until a week after new year off, some just few days, If i were to go away on holiday i have to BOOK the days i want off and checked with Boss. I would say, i am "going ON holiday for xmas" or similar thats would be different phase to christmas holiday and people still question things like "ooh, where" etc. or if not going on holiday, we would have christmas holiday same time we would say "Have good Xmas" thats all... Does that make sense... PM me for further questions, i don't mind answering them.

Umm... Christmas holiday is holiday obviously But if i were to take holiday for xmas I would add my holiday to xmas holiday, We get few days off depending to business, some have xmas eve until a week after new year off, some just few days, If i were to go away on holiday i have to BOOK the days i want off and checked with Boss. I would say, i am "going ON holiday for xmas" or similar thats would be different phase to christmas holiday and people still question things like "ooh, where" etc. or if not going on holiday, we would have christmas holiday same time we would say "Have good Xmas" thats all... Does that make sense... PM me for further questions, i don't mind answering them.

Lol, I think you pretty much cleared it up.

It is more like a Valentine's Day holiday and another holiday for Presidents' Day on Monday in U.S.A. But here in Canada we are have a new holiday and it is call Family Day on Monday Feb 16 and it just started a year ago. So now people don't have to go to school and work. There has been a lots of holidays all through the year. I don't what next come for more holidays to get more break time not to have to go to school or work. Anyway I hope Deafteen90 have a great time this weekend in Spain. My uncle (deceased) used to spend his time in Spain and he said that Spain is cheap and don't have to worry about how much you want to buy stuff over there or to spend the night in a hotel. My uncle love to play flamenco guitar and watch flamenco dancers. Everything about Spain is beautiful and I have never visit there not even in Europe.

Ole, Deafteen90!!!!

Back